Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkia

Taking Yaz properly?

Hey everyone, I started YAZ a month ago so I could get my Accutane Rx (which finally came through today -- YES!)

I am concerned that I may not be taking YAZ correctly though. There are 24 active pills and 4 sugar pills in each pack. My period started on a Sunday, so that's when I took the 1st pill. Normally I'm very regular, every 28 days my period comes.

My girlfriends tell me that I will get my period when I start taking the sugar pills, but if I follow my usual 28 day cycle I will actually get it AFTER the 4 sugar pills.

So my question is, do I immediately start the next pack of YAZ once I finish the first pack, or am I supposed to wait for my period to start before beginning the second pack?

My pharmacist explained it really badly and just sort of referred me to the booklet, which was confusing also. Any help here would be great...

hi im on yaz to for my acne,. but yes no matter what you want to start the next pill the very next day you end never go by your period!

Yeah... your supposed to start the next day, this is my first month of Yaz and I haven't finished my pack yet but my sister has taken it for over a year (it clear-ed/s her) and from what she's told me she gets her period after she takes the 4 sugar pills, so I wouldn't worry too much about that, I believe it's normal. One thing I'm fearful of regarding yaz is that I never really take my pill at the same time. I always forget and then I just take it as soon as I remember which is between 10PM and 1AM while I originally started taking my pill at 9:15 PM.. does anyone know if this is bad or affects the medication? I'm going to start setting an alarm I think.

P.S- I love your blog Nikki. I relate so much to all that you say, also we're starting our courses only a few days apart. I have my script and I'm filling it tomorrow, so it'll be really nice to have somone who's on the same "page" as me. I hope we both have clear skin in our futures!!

like the others said, yes you start the next pill pack immediately after finishing the first. From what i hear it takes a few months for yaz to regulate your periods. I know im almost done with the second pill pack, i have 2 more days until i start the sugar pills so hopefully my period will start then. I guess ill see what happens, but ya....start immediate once you're done with each pack.