Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on zinc for 3 weeks and it has seemed to help my post acne hyperpigmentation but it seems to have made my overall skin especially cheeks much redder. Has anyone else experienced more redness ie blushing from supplementing with zinc?

No. Is that the only thing you are supplementing? Niacin causes flushing so you should look for niacinimide.

yea its the only thing i supplement and is niacin usually in zinc?

I read somewhere that Dibasic calcium phosphate can cause facial flushing and my zinc tablets have that in them is there any brand of zinc that does not have this ingredient in them.

yea its the only thing i supplement and is niacin usually in zinc?

No niacin is not usually in zinc. In fact I have never heard of it being with Zinc at all.

I read somewhere that Dibasic calcium phosphate can cause facial flushing and my zinc tablets have that in them is there any brand of zinc that does not have this ingredient in them.

I do not think Opti-Zinc (also known as Zinc Methinonine) contains Dibasic calcium phosphate. I could be wrong but I do not think most Zinc supplements contain that.