Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SilentWalker

When I wake up skin is beautiful; but it deteriorates within seconds.

Hey all :surprised: . Male, 16 here. Of Indian descent, so my complexion is a bit different from you all. An I don't have the slightest bit of an Indian accent (cuz I'm a Trinidadian :boogie: ), for thouse of you whose brains would substitute an Indian dude with a funny acccent narrating the following :lol: :

Routine:

So as soon as I wake up in the morning, I look at my face in the bathroom mirror. Then I use the washroom to urinate (like 15 seconds tops) and then look at my face again (in the same mirror; same lighting) when I wash my hands.

Observations:

The first look - My skin is lighter in colour, and has an even, firm skin tone. My scars, which are brown (not red) areas of hyper-pigmentation on my forehead, cheeks and chin, are barely visible.

My skin is oily though, because I just woke-up and I use Vitamin E oil whenever I observe this (I never really remember when I don't :S . I don't know why :P ).

Conclusion - my skin is beautiful, considering I have scars and active acne. I wish it can stay like that all day.

The second look - So 15 seconds later, my skin looks a little more oily; a little darker, and scars are more visible. More wrinkles are also present.

---------------------------

Any idea why? How does this happen? And is there any way I can keep the great look of my skin when I now wake up?

I think at first when you wake up you see the whole picture like eveyone else does, then the second look you analyse your face more and spot out the imperfections. I do the same :( Its all in your head!

Stop looking in the mirror so much and overanalyzing your skin! I do the same thing and it has caused me to be depressed. If your face looks good the first time then don't go back for a second look so you can be disappointed. Trust me it IS all in our head. You acne is not as bad as you think it is. Remember you are your own worst critic.

Actually, I don't think it's all in your head. I've noticed this, too. Not just when I wake up in the morning, but often after waking up from a nap in the afternoon! I suspect it has something to do with the rest? Or maybe blood circulation? :\

i know exactly what you mean. My skin looks flawless in the morning, as the day goes on it gets a bit redder. I think it has to do with blood pressure. When you sleep your heart slows down and blood pressure drops slightly. I believe this accounts for the skin tone goodness. also your body does a lot of repairing to the skin while you sleep.

Mines the opposite. my skin looks like shit in the mornings, and slowly gets better as the day goes on, and by the time i wash my face at night my skin looks amazing! well, not amazing. but a lot better than it did in the morning.

ALSO, if you're using any type of yellow light, it takes time for your eyes to adjust. For example, my one bathroom has yellow bulbs in it, instead of the fluorescent ones...anyways, when i first walk in and look in the mirror, my skin looks sooo red... so i stop looking at the mirror and look around the bathroom, maybe brush my teeth, then i look back, and my skin looks the normal color.

its weird.

My skin also looks better soon after getting up in the morning, but then looks like it usually does a couple minutes later, my eyes are probably just adjusting from being closed all night.

I'm pretty sure it's because your face is pressed up against pillows all night. It smooths down any bumps and reduces redness/inflammation- same thing happens to me

I'm pretty sure it's because your face is pressed up against pillows all night. It smooths down any bumps and reduces redness/inflammation- same thing happens to me

no i can confirm this is not the case because i sleep face up... 100% of the time, i used to sleep with my face buried in the pillow. An i also think my skin doesnt look as good after an hour from when i get up. But i found it caused pimples so I sleep on my back. I get like 1-3 new pimple every month but i never get zits anymore.

Like others were saying I think it has something to do with blood flow...I always notice that when I wake up from a nap, my skin looks clearer and has a healthy glow to it....after I'm up for about 10 minutes though, that disappears and my skin looks "bad" again