Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guys, I had these terrible red marks on my cheeks and ive been loading them with vaseline for the last couple of days... Its working amazingly!!! ahhh im soo happy... guys please give it a try... remember that the fastest way to heal a wound is keeping it moist!!! :dance:

Guys, I had these terrible red marks on my cheeks and ive been loading them with vaseline for the last couple of days... Its working amazingly!!! ahhh im soo happy... guys please give it a try... remember that the fastest way to heal a wound is keeping it moist!!! :dance:

Vaseline works but you must remember that is it Comedogenic.

Guest invaderzim

how do you base whether something is comedogenic? i mean, logically thinking, i would assume that anything that creates somewhat of a "seal" over a pore would in fact be comedogenic as well as something that becomes clogged in it.

in this case, vaseline isn't exactly something that absorbs that quickly and doesn't seem to let alot of oxygen through where it's applied.

also, i would suspect they would advertise it as being non-comedogenic, but every bottle i've seen doesn't say that.

i would say that by feel, petroleum jelly is closer to sebum than anything (even jojoba oil which i find to not help matters). whether that is something that's helpful to healing acne or not, idk. but i would guess that it would be rather comedogenic.

Petrolatum jelly is not pore clogging as its components are too large to clog the pore. If you choose not to believe that, that's fine, too.

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Note that petrolatum is on the first site, ranked as 0 for comedogenicity and 0 for irritation.

Guest invaderzim
Petrolatum jelly is not pore clogging as its components are too large to clog the pore. If you choose not to believe that, that's fine, too.

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Note that petrolatum is on the first site, ranked as 0 for comedogenicity and 0 for irritation.

...ok ok, what i said was clearly based on nothing more than guesses based on how it felt (which i explained). so obviously with evidence offered otherwise, i would look at that.

also, my computer is probably 100x faster than yours. :P

Vaseline works but you must remember that is it Comedogenic.

Petroleum Jelly is not comedogenic!!!

EDIT: :| Wynne got to it before me. (OT) BTW Wynne, nice to see that you're back with the nanny. The lolcats were getting annoying (I hate 'em). OLD, LIBRARIAN-LIKE, SMELLY LIVER-SPOTTED NANNY FTW!!! :boogie::banana:

:closed:

Edited by SilentWalker

I do like my granny. :D

invaderzim: that cranky computer comment is a generic cut/paste thing so that I don't have to type out the whole darn thing everytime. :D it wasn't directed at you but as a general warning for anyone who clicks on the second link. I have bunches of things in my notepad as I found myself having to type the same things over and over again. I don't doubt your computer is faster than mine. Mine's currently a glorified word processor. *scowls*

Guest invaderzim

is there such thing as applying too much of a non-comedogenic substance that would, as a result make it comedogenic? ie, excessive petroleum jelly? if so how would you know the amount would be too much?

is there such thing as applying too much of a non-comedogenic substance that would, as a result make it comedogenic? ie, excessive petroleum jelly? if so how would you know the amount would be too much?

That I don't know. :)

Just because the word jojoba oil has the word oil in it doesnt mean its comedogenic. For me its personally comedogenic if I use it as a moisturizer and sleep in it and not wash it off but if I use it to remove my make up and then wash my face like I normally would, then its not. Now a days though, everything is labeled noncomedogenic. I completely ignore that and just experiment. What reacts to my face might not react to yours. My skin is sensitive to so many ingredients that a lot of people dont have problems with.