Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Rice Protein Powder

Does anyone on here use Rice Protein? Looked like the safest to use that wouldnt aggravate my acne, not sure how good it will be for gaining any muscle though. Would be interesting to know if anyone has and if it helped at all?:)

i actually bought some vegan brown rice protein a week ago. i had my first shake today. im trying to gain muscle, so i really need it. it has no gluten, no whey, no soy.

it does seem safe, but you never know. i hope i dont start breaking out.

to be extra safe, im even mixing it with water instead of milk(dairy i think makes my acne worse).

regular protein shakes/bars always break me out

i actually bought some vegan brown rice protein a week ago. i had my first shake today. im trying to gain muscle, so i really need it. it has no gluten, no whey, no soy.

it does seem safe, but you never know. i hope i dont start breaking out.

to be extra safe, im even mixing it with water instead of milk(dairy i think makes my acne worse).

regular protein shakes/bars always break me out

Yeh i shall be mixing it with water too. I havnt had any other protein shakes before but i think it is quite a common thing for them to make acne worse, so ive gone for the safest one which looks to be rice protein. Will give it ago and hopefully it wont cause us any breakouts.

Does anyone on here use Rice Protein? Looked like the safest to use that wouldnt aggravate my acne, not sure how good it will be for gaining any muscle though. Would be interesting to know if anyone has and if it helped at all?:)

I use nutribiotic's plain rice protein. rice protein isn't really a complete protein, btw. that's why I mix half rice protein and half hemp protein. I mix 'em with fresh homemade pineapple and blueberry juice and some water. I started the hemp not too long ago. i hear it's hypoallergenic like rice, so i'm giving it a try. it was either the hemp or the pea protein and i went with hemp. i started eating more fruits too, but i limit them.

hemp and rice protein don't break me out at all (apparently, pineapples and blueberries don't either).

I use nutribiotic's plain rice protein. rice protein isn't really a complete protein, btw. that's why I mix half rice protein and half hemp protein. I mix 'em with fresh homemade pineapple and blueberry juice and some water. I started the hemp not too long ago. i hear it's hypoallergenic like rice, so i'm giving it a try. it was either the hemp or the pea protein and i went with hemp. i started eating more fruits too, but i limit them.

hemp and rice protein don't break me out at all (apparently, pineapples and blueberries don't either).

Luckily, I don't break out from whey isolate. To be honest, whey protein isolate is much better than rice, and hemp powder :). Did you guys tried whey protein?

Luckily, I don't break out from whey isolate. To be honest, whey protein isolate is much better than rice, and hemp powder :). Did you guys tried whey protein?

Whey iso protein IS a better protein source than rice or hemp, BUT unfortunately it does break me out. Not a lot, but i get 1 or 2 little pimples from them. My hair sheds a bit more on whey too.

BTW, your English has improved a lot :P

Whey iso protein IS a better protein source than rice or hemp, BUT unfortunately it does break me out. Not a lot, but i get 1 or 2 little pimples from them. My hair sheds a bit more on whey too.

Thanks. I struggled! I read everyday to learn new things! I'm sorry to hear that you break out from whey protein isolate. You should consider trying a whey protein with only 4-5 ingredient, then you won't break out! :)

Thanks. I struggled! I read everyday to learn new things! I'm sorry to hear that you break out from whey protein isolate. You should consider trying a whey protein with only 4-5 ingredient, then you won't break out! :)

Im going to try the rice protein first as ive already ordered some, but i shall give the whey protein isolate a try. Whey does look loads better but i fear it will break me out.

Im going to try the rice protein first as ive already ordered some, but i shall give the whey protein isolate a try. Whey does look loads better but i fear it will break me out.

Well, protein is all you need! ^_^ If it has 20-25g protein per serving then it's good!

I use nutribiotic's plain rice protein. rice protein isn't really a complete protein, btw. that's why I mix half rice protein and half hemp protein.

i use nutribiotic plain rice protein too. so far i havent broken out since i started trying it 4 days ago. im really happy and i hope it continues. and what do you mean it isnt a complete protein? 2 scoops gives you 25 G protein and that is good enough for me

I use nutribiotic's plain rice protein. rice protein isn't really a complete protein, btw. that's why I mix half rice protein and half hemp protein.

i use nutribiotic plain rice protein too. so far i havent broken out since i started trying it 4 days ago. im really happy and i hope it continues. and what do you mean it isnt a complete protein? 2 scoops gives you 25 G protein and that is good enough for me

It turns out that i was wrong. I was told by the person who sold me the rice protein at the health food store that rice protein isn't a complete protein (i.e. doesn't have all the non-essential and essential amino acids). But, i just checked out http://www.allhealthtrends.com/NB-Rice-Protein.html and it turns out that it IS a complete protein.

The bastard who sold me the rice protein probably just wanted me to buy some hemp protein too...

oh, sorry you got lied/mislead.

for anyone using rice protein, just to be *extra* safe that you dont break out, i reccomend the following:

-mix/blend it with water, NOT milk

-get the plain kind, not chocolate or vanilla

usually i mix it with water+orange juice, and its pretty gross but bearable. do i have to mix it with water(on the back it says mix it with water or milk) or can i just mix it with juices?

for anyone using rice protein, just to be *extra* safe that you dont break out, i reccomend the following:

usually i mix it with water+orange juice, and its pretty gross but bearable. do i have to mix it with water(on the back it says mix it with water or milk) or can i just mix it with juices?

What's wrong with vanilla?

Unsweetened vanilla should be fine!

You can mix it with juices, but mix it with fresh squeezed juice and not any of that unhealthy pasteurized stuff you find at supermarkets. That stuff is pretty much sugar water.

I think it would be kind of strange to find anyone who would mix it with milk. Usually, people switch to rice protein to avoid dairy and/or soy. If i could handle milk, i'd go straight for the whey.

You can mix it with juices, but mix it with fresh squeezed juice and not any of that unhealthy pasteurized stuff you find at supermarkets. That stuff is pretty much sugar water.

I think it would be kind of strange to find anyone who would mix it with milk. Usually, people switch to rice protein to avoid dairy and/or soy. If i could handle milk, i'd go straight for the whey.

Lmao. Agreed.

I recieved my rice protein today and im not sure how many i should take of it throughout the day. It has 10.5 g of protein each serving so how many would you recommend to take each day? Ive read about when taking rice protein you could also take pea protein as well to get better results. That contains 28 g of protein each serving so i may give it ago.

Also when is the best time to take it during the day? Is it after a workout or will it be fine to have some in the morning before i go to work, and then one after a workout later on in the day? I guess if i have 2 that totals to 21 grams of protein, is that enough to even start building any muscle and has anyone succesfully managed to whilst taking rice protein?