Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Started the candida diet last week: Full blown candida Diet we'll say May 29th 2009 to be safe.

Stopped minocycline 50mg may 29th- having some infections on the face.

taking supplements:

calcium/magnesium 500mg,250mg

vitamin c 1,000mg

vitamin b complex 50mg

soon to take:cod liver oil

My meals look a little something like this:

morning: 2 eggs

some broccili/spinach

tsp. coconut oil

lunch: organic meat (chicken, ground turkey, ground beef)

vegetables (green beans,spinach salad, spinach, broccili, etc)

tsp coconut oil

dinner: Organic meat again

vegetables

coconut oil

*Sea salt added to meals

*incorporate small amount of garlic in meat

*cook with butter at times and extra virgin olive oil

exercise 3 times a week

limit showers to let natural oils to build up on my skin

dr. bronner's soap

That's about it so far.

Sometimes I feel the die-off effects (tired, naseau, foggy, worse folliculitis at times) , but overall I feel better than I have in a long while. Kill that YEAST.

It's been a week off antibiotics and a week on Bee's Candida diet. Here are some results thus far:

Good things:

1) under eye bumps are dissapearing (there's a medical term for it I forget though)

2) don't have allergies anymore (even after cutting the grass yesterday)

3) skin is healing and no new whiteheads on face

4) no more antibiotics

5) less brain fogginess

Drawbacks:

1) feel tired a lot but I'll deal

2) crave sugar from time to time

3) when I see other people eating all junk food- I want some!

4) some die-off symptoms from time to time

5) after awhile things may get worse in order to get better. bracing myself for that.

OVERALL: I feel tired, but at the same time I'm so happy that my face, back, and neck are healing from infection/acne. It's such a relief that I don't have to wash my face twice a day and apply harsh chemicals. From time to time I will wash and use tea tree oil then follow up with coconut oil. Organic Coconut oil is highly recommended as morturizer.

That's all I have for now I will keep updating...

It's been 13 days off antibiotics and so far, so good. I usually have the occassional break out, but its gone in a day or so. My immune system is strenghtening and my infection/acne is shaking in its boots right now...

I'll update over the weekend.

Day 16 on diet/off antibiotics:

I would say my face is about 92% clear. I'm still getting some whiteheads near my nose and above my lip. I've never experienced clear skin like this before. The spots are usually gone within one day and I only use water to rinse my face. Sometimes I use tea tree oil to help with prevention. I have one inflamed pimple on my back and neck. It's hard to believe that this diet can have such a huge impact on my overall well-being.

I ate a few no-no's over the weekend to celebrate the Penguins victory. No-no's: piece of cookie cake, few tostillo's with bean dip, and banana creme cake (little debbie style). They were tasty, but it goes to show how truly addicted I am to sugar and high carbohydrates. It will be interesting to see what happens because I ate some junk over the weekend. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'm back to my strict diet and no more junk. I mean business!

Day 17 on diet/off antibiotic

Nothing to new to post. Although, my face just keeps getting better and better. I only used water in the shower to wash my face. I didn't use tea tree oil or morsturizer today. I'm letting the natural oils on my face build up to fight off bacteria. It's awesome that I don't have to constantly wash my face morning and night anymore.

Breakfast: Yum!

-three super jumbo eggs (no hormones, additives) w/ cinnamon, coconut oil, and sea salt on top

-1/2 cup of broccili w/ coconut oil and sea salt on top

-1/4 cup of saurkraut

Supplements:

1 tsp Cod Liver Oil- Garden of Life

1000 mg vitamin c

300mg calcium

250mg magnesium

50mg b-complex

50mg niacin

I'm feeling good this morning. Got my fats/proteins/carbs for breakfast and feel energized.

Day 18 on Bee's Diet and off Minocycline 50mg:

A little update-

*Face is looking better than ever.

*I went golfing yesterday in the humidity (Pittsburgh=Humid). Didn't even take a shower afterwards or wash my face before bed. I woke up and no break outs. YES! I can get use to this.

*Only used water this morning to wash my face in the shower. No topicals or morsturizer.

Hope this helps someone out there,

Jeff

Day 19 on diet and Day 19 off Minocycline 50mg

Everything is +A-okay!

1) Used water to wash off face and that's all.

2) Happier than ever with my overall health/skin!

Have a great day,

Jeff

Three weeks on diet and three weeks off the drug Minocycline 50mg

Okay, by now without the diet I would have broken out like crazy. I would have freaked out and started taking the antibiotics again. Well that's not the case for me anymore!!!

Both of those pimples on my chin are fading because my immune system said so. It was really humid in Pittsburgh last night and usually they would get bigger than ever. That did not happen! They are going away.

I'm not even taking a shower today!!!

Life is good,

Jeff

I had an off night tonight. I was at a grad party and you know all the junk food at those ordeals. I binged on some cookies, buckeyes, and chik-fil a chicken strips. It was good at the time, but I feel pretty crappy now. I'll keep the update on how it goes the next few days.

AHHH.. Stupid Junk Food!

Jeff

25 Days on diet and 25 days off antibiotics

After graduation party: I was expecting to break out like crazy, but nothing changed. I have one whitehead on my left cheek and a small blemish below my lower lip. I don't know if this is from the sugar over the weekend, but my immune system will take care of it.

Other than that nothing new to post.

Have a good week people,

Jeff

Day 26 on Diet

Day 26 off antibiotics

Well, I think last weekend's sugar binge caught up with me today. I have two pretty good sized whiteheads. I am dabbing a little tea tree oil on them in the morning and at night just to hurry up the healing, hopefully! I am not going to panic, because this is the best I've ever done coming off antibiotics. I am noticing two other spots that may break out a bit too. Although, I'm keeping my head up because I know my immune system will fight it off. That's what this diet does is build up the immune system to fight off multiple things.

The neck area and back area are spotless thus far.

I want to state that this diet is going to be over the next 7 months and I'm going to have good days and bad days. From what I've read, things will get worse before they get better. I don't really plan on changing my diet too much after this time period is over. Maybe throw in a couple things here and there. The end result I am seeking is not only for clear skin, but a healthier me.

DAY 27 on diet and off antibiotics...

One of the spots I had yesterday went away. The other spot on my cheek was getting bigger, but since I took an Epsom Salt Bath last night it's under control. I'll give it a day or two and it'll be gone. No worries, my skin is still overall doing the best it has been.

Things I've noticed:

1) the bumps under my eyes are pretty much gone

2) my allergies are much better

3) my stomach is upset from time to time (most likely from die-off symptoms)

4) I enjoy eating sometimes, but it gets boring. Clearer skin and better health is worth it though!

Have a great weekend,

Jeff

Night 27 on diet and off the Minocycline

I wanted to give an update about my infected hairs/acne whatever they are. They are slowly dissappeaing on my face. Only one of them are still noticeable. Things are still going well for me on the diet.

Sample of what I ate today!

Breakfast:

two eggs

half burger

sauerkraut

butter

Supplements a,b-complex, c,d,e, cod liver oil, niacin

Lunch:

1 1/2 burger

8 small pieces of celery

soaked walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds

Pau D'arco tea w/ two drops of stevia

Dinner:

Half Sirloin Steak from Farmer's Market

1 cup of broccilli w/ coconut oil and garlic

sauerkraut!

1 DAY short of a MONTH on the diet and off the minocycline 50 mg.

All I can say is God is good and my face looks great! I am thankful that God gave us natural resources to strengthen the immune system.

Jeff

Do you eat fruits? I'm on a similar diet but I decided to bring in fruits and nothing bad happened. Good energy boosters.

1 month on DIET!

1) Face is looking good.

2) Back is doing great as far as breakouts, even when it's been hot out.

3) Oil on face has been cut down greatly. I don't know the last time I used any cleanser on my face besides the Epsom Salt baths. Occassionally, will use tea tree oil on spots.

4) The back of my neck is doing great also. Usually when I would get my hair cut I would break out. Now, it might be one and that's it.

5) So glad to be off antibiotics!!!

I can't believe it's already been a month on this diet. I won't lie, I am feeling good at the moment. I have the same two infected hairs/acne on my face still, but they are dissapating. Thanks to my immune system and epsom salt baths. This diet was probably the best thing I ever came across by a long shot (health-wise).

I am experiencing a bit of a die-off symptom/retracing symptom. When my so called 'bacterial infection' started they began on my butt. I am noticing something on my butt at the moment. I have no fear of this, I have no reason to panic and call the doctor, I have no reason to start taking the leftover antibiotics. I know for a fact if I stick to this diet my immune system will fight it off. The body has a powerful healing system. The drugs and topicals doctors, dermatologists, commercials, etc... recommend are only supressing the immune system and will make things worse in the end. This is only my opinion, agree to disagree.

I don't know what to say to those of you that read this personal log. I hope you would look into changing your diet and eliminating high carbs and sugars. It seems overwhelming at first, but as soon as you see a difference in your health you will be very thankful.

My intake on a daily basis:

Fat grams- 156-200 grams

Protein grams- 62 grams

Carbs grams- 30-50 grams

((( Strato- I don't eat any fruit. Sugar whether it's from soda, or honey, or fruit it still feeds candida (yeast infection)))

Hope this opens some eyes,

Jeff

2 questions?

Do u drink alcohol?

How bad was your acne?

Last time I drank was new year's.

I don't drink anymore.

I more or less had a recurrent staph infection (folliculitis) and I beleive I suffered with acne also. I would say mild acne.

Hope that answered your questions,

Jeff

Thanks man,,, I like your post. It's detailed without going over the top. Ive been on the diet a week. I'll keep checking on how your doing.

A quick reply: 8 MORE DAYS AND IT WILL BE TWO MONTHS OFF MINOCYCLINE... now I know diet has something to do with it!

I'm back from Costa Rica and all I can say is that I ate a lot of rice, ice cream, cookies... Ok I ate a bunch of junk. I noticed some breakouts after coming home and I believe I gained some weight from all the junk. I'm back on the diet with some leftover sugar cravings from the trip, but for the most part I am doing well. I'm about 93% clear still. It's mostly the back of my head that is the trouble spot for me now. My face is doing rather well believe it or not. I will post more soon!

Take care of your skin as well as the body as a whole. It will thank you for it.

Jeffrey

Hey there

Great to hear your going so well! Very much looking forward to keeping up with your progress too (please keep updating :))

One thing I was wondering, if there anything in particular you can eat/do to get over those sugar cravings? (I've tried getting off the 'white stuff' a few times - never heard of this candida diet before reading your posts, just think I'm too addicted to sugar). Anyway, my cravings get SO bad.

Congratualations again, you must be so happy to have such clear skin :)

Hey there

Great to hear your going so well! Very much looking forward to keeping up with your progress too (please keep updating :))

One thing I was wondering, if there anything in particular you can eat/do to get over those sugar cravings? (I've tried getting off the 'white stuff' a few times - never heard of this candida diet before reading your posts, just think I'm too addicted to sugar). Anyway, my cravings get SO bad.

Congratualations again, you must be so happy to have such clear skin :)

Thanks. I'm still a work in progress. I've slipped up a little bit recently, but no big worries. Once I get back on track things will be back to the way they were last month. The red areas of my face were cleared along with the inflammation. I was expecting worse from eating all the junk I ate in Costa Rica. It may seem healthy like rice and fruit, but for my diet it's not good for me. It made me gain a few pounds and aggitated my skin in some places. I think I gained like two or three pounds from the rice, cookies, fruit. Back to full out diet for me!

As far as your sugar substitutes the only thing I can say is get liquid Stevia. I'm not sure what it would be good with on the diet though. The food is pretty limiting and I'm not sure if you would want to add something to make the food sweet. For instance, eggs would not be good with this stuff. I've used it in Pau d'arco tea, add two drops and its pretty sweet.

One of the symptoms of Candida is being addicted to sugar. So....

Hope this helps you!

Jeffrey

Today's diet (poor)

Breakfast:

4 eggs in coconut oil

Lunch:

2 burgers and two cookies

Dinner:

Applegate Chicken Hot Dog no nitrates/antibiotics/sugar

(first time trying them hope they are good)

Wow it's amazing how good you are at staying on this diet.

So props to you, glad it's paying off.

And I hope you fine ease in sticking to it.

I thought it was a Canada diet the first few times I read the title haha.

Wow it's amazing how good you are at staying on this diet.

So props to you, glad it's paying off.

And I hope you fine ease in sticking to it.

I thought it was a Canada diet the first few times I read the title haha.

Camcorder, Yeah I can definately see how you thought it was Canada. Sometimes I think so too when I look at it real fast.

I would like to add that not only is it for yeast infections, but the most important thing this diet does is build up the immune system. Building the immune system is key in fighting off any type of disease and what not. We are a people (i'm guilty too) who listen to the FDA approved ingredient listings when they are pretty harmful to our health. And we also listen to the FDA about the food pyramid which should be turned upside down pretty much. Fats should be a bigger part of our diet then following protein from animals then vegetables then fruit and lastly grains, if at all. People have a hard time digesting grains (wheat, gluten, flour, etc)

Almost two months on diet

I have had about 10-15 of those days not being so good. Which I'm noticing now especially on the back of my head. As far as my face it is holding up well. It's amazing what food can do for your body.

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil with onions and applegate farms (no antibiotics/ no nitrates) chicken hot dog cut up in it.

Lunch:

Organic turkey burger w/ sea salt

cooked vegetables (broccili, spinach, onion, yellow pepper)

Dinner:

Steak (fat and all) with butter and sea salt on it

Spinach salad w/ 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and sea salt

Observation: I never get shaky in between meals anymore. I know it's because my sugar consumption is very low which is a good thing. And I never feel bloated after a meal like I used to get on high carbs and moderate levels of sugar.

Hope this helps someone!!!

Jeff