Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It says to wash your face with a non-soap cleanser, does that mean that i shouldnt be using simple soap? if so, then what products should i use? thanks

aswell as this, is it ok for me to moisturise with somehing like aloe vera gel after the differin has dryed on my skin?

thamks for help

That typically means to use a facial cleanser without an active ingredient in it, like BP or SA. I have been using Cetaphil cleanser for normal skin, but there are a ton of other brands out there.

I have used Differin for almost a year, and I highly recommend moisturizing! Aloe Vera is soothing but may dry your face. What I do is combine a small amount of moisturizer (in my case Cetaphil moisturizing cream) and the same small amount of Aloe Vera gel, mix them, and apply to my face at night.

You want to use a nice cleanser because anything with BP or SA will most likely be to irritating with the differin, something like Cerave and Cetaphil are both very good and yes you should moisturize. Also start with a very small amount of Differin because it can be irritating at first. I saw really good results within the first 3-5 months.

My son's been on differin for 1 year now & is completely clear.....i hope you have the same success. He uses olay gentle foaming wash with aloe. it's 100% fragrance, oil free & dye free. He really likes it. Yes, you will need to moisturize. Differin is drying.

Most washes that say they are for sensitive skin would be what you are looking for. They typically don't "foam up" like soaps. Cetaphil has one Dove makes another and Sepectro makes one, there are probably others. As far as moisturisers, you should use one when using differn. Look for one that says non-comedogenic (does not cause acne) because there are many products out there that can.