Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I am currently in the fifth week of the Regimen and I am very pleased with the results. However, flakiness is still a major issue. People keep asking me if I was sunburned or something and it is very annoying. I've tried using a damp washcloth gently after my shower and, though it helps somewhat, it does not take care of it altogether. My worst areas are the nose, chin and throat and it's always bad after I sleep. I slowly increased the amount of BP just as Dan said, starting the full two pumps at the beginning of my fourth week. At the month mark, I started using AHA+ every other night and it only seems to have helped a little with flakiness. Also, I am afraid to decrease the amount of BP because I presently have three new pimples that formed a couple of days ago, one of which is kinda big and very stubborn. When/Will the flakiness stop???!!!!

BTW, I start college next week and I really, really do not want to be a flaking monster!

thanks for to any who reply!!

MY REGIMEN:

AM

SHAVE WITH TWO PUMPS DAN'S CLEANSER/GENTLY WASH OTHER AREAS

WAIT 15 MIN

GENTLY APPLY TWO PUMPS DAN'S TREATMENT TO ENTIRE FACE

WAIT 15 MIN

GENTLY APPLY OLAY COMPLETE + 6 DROPS DAN'S JOJOBA OIL

PM

GENTLY CLEANSE WITH TWO PUMPS DAN'S CLEANSER

WAIT 15 MIN

GENTLY APPLY TWO PUMPS DAN'S TREATMENT TO ENTIRE FACE

WAIT 15 MIN

GENTLY APPLY TWO PUMPS DAN'S MOISTURIZER + 12 DROPS JOJOBA OIL

OR

GENTLY APPLY THIN LAYER OF AHA+ TO ENTIRE FACE

Flakiness should begin to subside for you within the next couple of weeks, but it is different for everyone. One of the most helpful things to remove the flakes is a gentle exfoliator like a BufPuf or a baby brush (search baby brush on this site). I use the BufPuf and it is hands down the best exfoliator I have used. It isn't harsh like scrubs and doesn't contain any chemicals since it is simply a extremely soft facial sponge. I would suggest incorporating it into your routine at least once or twice a week, there are many people that use it everyday, but you will need to find what works for you.

I have found the Jojoba oil works wonders for flakes but it also makes my face red. Maybe that is happening to you cause of all the jojoba oil. I started with 5 drops but had to cut back to 3. Maybe try just using the jojoba at night and cut down on amount. Lots of BP also takes awhile I think for your skin to adjust. I just bumped up to 1.5 pump at night and today my face feels stingy.

Good luck!