Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dinkies

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Treatment - Bad Reaction

I just started using the Regimen, but with the Benefit soap, Neutrogena On-the-Spot Treatment, and my own moisturizer. I am only on day 2 and I used all three products this morning. All day my face has been itchy, tingly, and I've been experiencing weird goose-bump sensations at random intervals throughout the day. My eyes are also very itchy and irritated for some reason. I also get prickly, tingling sensations at random places on my skin, where I have to immediately scratch or poke to relieve the irritation. It's a really weird reaction I'm having. Can anyone relate? Any advice? Please help!!! Btw, my pimples seem to be clearing up and drying out, so I don't want to stop using the products. However, I can't stand the itching. Thanks for your help, if any!!

Hey,

Just hang in there. Give it some time. You may try switching moisturizers to make sure you are using the gentlest thing you can.

The system worked really well for me. I use slightly less than Dan recommends, you may want to try reducing the amount you use and slowly building up.

Good luck!

M

I have only applied the product to acne spots. My entire face is itchy, though. I feel like there are tiny bugs under my skin or something...doing the oxygenating action. It's awful!! I just hope it goes away, because I don't want to have to deal with this every time I use the product. Today I tried using a different moisturizer, but I'm still having the same reaction, so I'm pretty sure it's the BP.

The itching subsided within 3-4 days. However, I do still feel some itching and tingling now and then. I am doing well and my face is clearing up nicely. Some blemishes are taking long to completely clear. For my moisturizers, I am using Olay (Night Fortifying Cream - Night & Complete all day moisture cream SPF 15 - day). After cleansing, I use pure green tea as a toner. To make it, just steep 1/4 cup of hot water with a green tea bag. Soak up a small amount with a cotton ball and apply to face as a toner. This works well to open up whiteheads and to release the puss and clean up any surface dirt/dead skin.

I'm glad to hear that the itching and tingling has subsided somewhat. It can be a little uncomfortable at times while your skin is adjusting to the BP.

As for your green tea toner, keep in mind that when you're doing The Regimen, you're really not supposed to add in any extra steps until after you're staying consistently clear.

From the Biggest Mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: it is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.