Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alika

Applying BP 3 times?

So I wake up, shower/ wash face , apply bp, then go to work.

I come home sweaty so I shower/ wash face. that's 5 pm.

Inbetween 5 and the time i sleep i sweat a lot. So before bed I wash and apply bp.

Is it ok to apply bp after every face wash? I have relatively oily skin so i don't use a moisturizer

I would highly reccommend against it. That's way to much for the skin. If it bugs you, I would just apply a little AHA if you aren't going out again. Not much like you're moisturizing at night, but something to make you feel better about it. (I get paranoid about stuff like that very easily :P)

You're not doing "The Regimen" if you're 1. applying BP three times a day, 2. not using moisturizer.

BP twice a day is fine. Add in moisturizer, too.

If you plan to do the regimen, start here.

Okay so what am I supposed to do if I come after work, and have to attend a dinner or something? Am I supposed to avoid my face in the shower and go out with a greasy face?

And also, the regimen says that you should use a moisturizer if your skin becomes dry and flaky. My skin does neither, and when I've used the moisturizer in the past it seemed to only make it more oily. Am I to believe that I can't be successful without it?

If you really need to, just splash some water on your face and towel it off (with a while towel to avoid bleaching). But doing The Regimen (or even cleansing without adding BP) three times a day is too much.

Blotting sheets are another great option.

And maybe you just need to find a different moisturizer. Having oily skin isn't the same thing as having moisturized skin. BP is drying and using a moisturizer helps keep it balanced an healthy.

Noted. And I know this has been discussed before but I've heard so many confliciting theories. Cold or warm water? Should it be hot first then cold or vice versa? And for my "in between splash" what would be best?