Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello brothers and sisters:

I have been suffering with acne since I was 13, and I'm now 21. My face was looking pretty good for the past few weeks, but recently it broke out, and I popped some zits on my forehead. That's the last time I ever do that....

It made it look like the zits were twice the size, and they still HURT!. And to top it all off I had to go to work.

As soon as I walked in people kept looking up at my forehead. It was absolutely horrible...One of the girls I work with said:

"How come everytime I work with you you come in with things on your face"

I actually went up to the office and started crying. But later she talked with me about how she suffered with acne and actually made me feel a little better...

Sometimes I wish I was dead.

hi Mr.E.

this week has been my WORST DAYS too. i've cleared up from acne totally until it started to hv few zits for the past months and now totally broke out. have never been this worse and i cried too when i see my face on the mirror. i'm so sad and sick of acne.

I have been suffering with acne since I was 13, and I'm now 21. My face was looking pretty good for the past few weeks, but recently it broke out, and I popped some zits on my forehead. That's the last time I ever do that....

It made it look like the zits were twice the size, and they still HURT!. And to top it all off I had to go to work.

As soon as I walked in people kept looking up at my forehead. It was absolutely horrible...One of the girls I work with said:

I actually went up to the office and started crying. But later she talked with me about how she suffered with acne and actually made me feel a little better...

Mr. E, WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE, so don't despair! What seems like the end of the world really isn't. I'm 37, so I know. Before I became a stay-at-home-mom, I worked in corporate America, battling w/ the acne thing for many years. I even recall taking a few leaves of absence from work due to swollen and irritated acne lesions. I had a well-meaning supervisor to ask, "What in the world is going on with your face?" If I had known what I now know, I would have been open about my problem instead of being so embarrassed.

At any rate, your life is too precious for you to wish that you were dead. Man, you're only just beginning. It will get better, I promise! Lots of prayer and good meds have been my saving grace. I have a good group of dermatologists who have been working with me and my skin is much better. If your acne is very severe, you really need to go see a doctor. He or she will be able to prescribe something that will help you more than you think. Good luck and feel free to keep in touch.

Hang in there m8, I literally can not go out whilst I have them. So I applaud you for still going out, They will get better, hopefully very,very soon. That b#### shouldnt of said, she obviously knew it was going to hurt your feelings, there was no excuse.

Thanks everyone for all of your replies!

Sometimes I wish we could all just live together, in our own communities for people with acne. That way, we would never have to compare ourselves to anyone anymore... We could stop worrying about all of the routines and medecines to try to get us clear. We could just get up and go, forever.

Thanks everyone for all of your replies!

Sometimes I wish we could all just live together, in our own communities for people with acne. That way, we would never have to compare ourselves to anyone anymore... We could stop worrying about all of the routines and medecines to try to get us clear. We could just get up and go, forever.

that's a nice idea. but i've actually met people with acne who make fun of people with blemishes. probably a defense mechanism, but to me it's still :blink:

Honestly, that girl was incredibly insensitive, especially considering how she could relate to your acne problems. I am sorry that you had to hear those things and that it hurt you. Sometimes people don't think when they say things and even though she apologized, I doubt it helped much at the time. :comfort:

Please don't ever wish you were dead. It's not worth it to let one or two people's opinion about you ruin life. For every rude, insensitive, blatantly mean individual out there, there are hundreds upon hundreds of those who do care, and at the very least are apathetic. Seek those out who will genuinely care and love you, regardless of having pristine skin or a few pimples.

Most of all, I hope you find it within yourself to change your self-perception. That is the most powerful revelation one can really ever have.

What this girl said to you is incredibly unprofessional! Who cares if she suffered from acne too, she doesn't anymore and she should be sympathetic towards you. I would let her know that you do not appreciate her comments, I hope she apologized to you. I dislike rude people or those with absolutely no tact! Read from Miss Manners if you don't know how to socialize or act in a work environment correctly.

I'm so nervous, my mom is about to come over for dinner and I know she is gonna say something about my face. She has been doing that ever since I was young. I'm so self-conscious because of her!

And here's another thought.... how can that "person" go to work while her ignorance is showing? And...how can she go in public with CRA* spewing from her mouth? What an embarrassment for her to be so exposed.

Hang in there!!!!!!!! This to shall pass!!!!!! You'll come out of this, no doubt!!! :)