Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breadisacne

whats the dumbest thing you've ever done to your face?

For a good 3-4 weeks I roughly scrubbed my face at night time after a daily facial steam treatment. That was about a year ago and my acne got so bad I had acne on top of acne. Red splotches, whiteheads, irritation that hurt so bad. The sensitivity I caused required me to take 800mg ibuprofen. Luckily what I caused went away and my "normal" acne returned.

Things are different now and I'm still learning what my skin needs and what it just can't take. And Dan's regimen is working pretty well. I'm a fast healer and the BP causes virtually no red flakiness whatsoever. I was just desperate and tired of it. I thought I could scrub it away.

I used Listerine (the mouth wash) all over my face like a toner, I figured that it had antibacterial properties so it would work on acne. Unfortunately I was wrong and I ended up with a dry and broken out face.

Put loads and loads of BP on a cyst to get rid of it, and ended up with a brown, hideous burn mark the size of the quarter on my chin the next day. Concealer couldn't even cover it up.

the dumbest thing i ever did to my skin was put sea breeze on my skin, it has alcohol and completely dried out my face and didnt recover for about a few days of alot of moisturizer. The 2nd thing was put BP on my face, it turned my skin into an oil slick, got a bunch of red bimples, and made my face completely red for a day and a half.

a few years ago, trying to "Scrub" acne off my face with a beaded cleanser that tore tons of cuts all over my face

I bleached my eyebrows with hydrogen peroxide. ANYWAY... Once I saw a post about using a, *ahem* Jizz mask. I've also seen it in someones signature. I can only imagine how the conversation would go if you were caught applying this mask. "No no no... whatever you're thinking... Let me explain - it's not what it looks like!.... Okay maybe it is but just let me explain!" :P Anyway have a good day everyone.

a few years ago, trying to "Scrub" acne off my face with a beaded cleanser that tore tons of cuts all over my face

that reminds me, i used to use those scrub things that girls use to get makeup off, huge mistake!

Hahaha my dumbest thing i have do to my face was:

One day a freaking strange person in the street tell me..(You know when you are walking in the street trying to avoid the people) "look at your face! omg, i know a trick that my daughter do and now she have a perfect skin"...so i listend to him and he say that every night take off my shirt flip it and with the back of the shirt rubbed my face with it.

so yeah i didnt believe but i try and haha it was stupid because nothing happen i just made my face more red....i hate persons like that....

trying to pop the "under the skin" pimples that look like just ted bumps that hurt when you move your face. that ALWAYS makes them bigger and hurt more.

dont do it

^omggg yeah...that is bad..i used to do that all the time. bad idea.

bad usage of tretinoin, i was so desperate that i just put it on every morning and evening, why actually i had to do it once every 2 days.

my skin eventually got so red and dry, it took about 2 months for it to calm down

Nothing too dumb. I heard about the toothpaste trick, and it made two zits worse.

I use to put rubbing alcohol on my face and it made my face so cracked and dried it out.

I use to put rubbing alcohol on my face and it made my face so cracked and dried it out.

tanned for about 2 weeks if have acne please dont lol it left me with a sunburn more like a tanburn and made my face really really red.

Before I actually signed up on the org, I lurked for quite a few months, and during the early days I was so desperate for something to work that I almost tried the urine method. O_O

How the hell is that dumb? I apply urine to my face daily and it looks the best it's looked in over a year. I have a feeling you're just too much of a wuss to try the method.