Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breadisacne

whats the dumbest thing you've ever done to your face?

I one time put a bunch of shampoo on a papule and left it on overnight to try and dry it out but all it did was dry out that area and give me a huge dry lump on my face. luckily its gone now but this was a RETARDED IDEA!!! what's the dumbest thing you guys have done that you regretted maybe we can prevent others from making the same mistakes. :wall:

I spread BP all over my face and left it on over night, while moisturizing with HAND MOISTURIZER because I had nothing else. I did this for 4 days.

My whole face became red, flaky, and extremely painful. I literally couldn't open my mouth to speak or eat. Moreover, the hand lotion irritated my eyes severely. I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than 3 seconds at a time without having to blink. When it was all over, I broke out with over 8 pimples, probably because of the dryness.

When I was sixteen, I stuck a suction cup on my forehead for, like, half a second, and it left a huge hickey that took about a week to fade.

i've tried to cut a cyst off my face. please no one do that. it took longer to heal and it became a open wound, turned into a blister.

Before I actually signed up on the org, I lurked for quite a few months, and during the early days I was so desperate for something to work that I almost tried the urine method. O_O

When I first started shaving ...........going over a pustule with the razor............still have the scar years after..........

I've done that so many times I cant even count but its never left a scar fortunately... I dont have acne anymore but back when I did, everytime I shaved id try to pop the whitehead or whatever acne there is with my razor while I shave... never left a scar, just turned into a red mark that faded

When I was sixteen, I stuck a suction cup on my forehead for, like, half a second, and it left a huge hickey that took about a week to fade.

:lol:

:D

i've tried to cut a cyst off my face. please no one do that. it took longer to heal and it became a open wound, turned into a blister.

ouch dude

did it leave a mark?

My skin was flaky in one area so i tried rubbing off the dead skin with a towel and i ended up leaving a nasty burn behind which turned into a scab wich turned into an ugly ass pimple..its gone now but i learned my lesson!

It left a little scar to"(

trying to pop the "under the skin" pimples that look like just ted bumps that hurt when you move your face. that ALWAYS makes them bigger and hurt more.

dont do it

trying to pop the "under the skin" pimples that look like just ted bumps that hurt when you move your face. that ALWAYS makes them bigger and hurt more.

dont do it

Dude I feel you...I did that the other day...on my 21st birthday nonetheless...it was the WORST. I woke up and had this HUGE lump on my face. I couldn't even talk or eat at dinner. My gmom and aunt were like "what's wrong with your face???" Then to top it all off I kept putting ice cubes on it which I guess gave me slight frost bite because it was all discolored. Luckily that was one week ago and it has since healed (with neosporin).

I'm never popping pimples EVER AGAIN!

dont do it

see my original post, i was trying to get one of those to come to head so i could pop it.... needless to say... fail.

i do that sometimes. like i can tell there i stuff inside so i try to get it to pop. sometimes i get lucky, most of the time i dont. not worth the risk lol

For about 2 months i scrubbed the hell out of my face with the hardest sharpest sand/cleaner i could find and thought to myself, "it's not like i can clean my face too much, right?". About a month later of taking progress pictures i realized i was actually getting way worse. That's when i found this site and saw that irritation wasn't good at all.... Sooo that's my story. I'm on Accutane now though because it never went away after.

wash my face with body soap and scrub it with a loofa sponge in hot water :doh::wall:

*DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME* :naughty::hand:

i've come a long ways. :D

I one time put a bunch of shampoo on a papule and left it on overnight to try and dry it out but all it did was dry out that area and give me a huge dry lump on my face. luckily its gone now but this was a RETARDED IDEA!!! what's the dumbest thing you guys have done that you regretted maybe we can prevent others from making the same mistakes. :wall:

Spot-treating with cum. It makes you smell like the ocean.

Put antibacterial cream and a band-aid over each and every zit and went to bed. Unfortunately, I went to be too early (in the hopes of waking up to a spankin' new clear face) and my sister in law came up and turned the light on to talk to me. lol Ahh, those were the days...when I still really thought I'd find the cure....

Popped a cyst with a needle. Doing that made a hole that later turned into a pitted scar. Plus, it hurt!!!

when I was like 12 I saw all the cartoon pictures of ladies on the fair ground rides and wanted my skin to be as smooth as theirs so I shaved my whole face like all the micro hairs even my forehead cheeks and nose...

when I was like 12 I saw all the cartoon pictures of ladies on the fair ground rides and wanted my skin to be as smooth as theirs so I shaved my whole face like all the micro hairs even my forehead cheeks and nose...

My story is similar. I have kind of hairy skin-it's not dark, but it seems like it's longer than most peoples, so I started to shave my whole face. Smooth skin, and exfoliation, right? So I started getting acne on the rest of my face besides my forehead, which I had never had.

So then I started using that Neutrogena grapefruit scrub crap.

So basically THAT all made my mild acne that I've had for years turn into undeniably severe acne.

FINALLY my skin is almost back to normal. But it took months of humiliation. Blahh :/

Lesson learned? Be nice to your skin!

Oh I forgot the time I used AHA+ tea tree oil and BP together all at once.

O joy what a chemical burn. ;)

ouch dude

did it leave a mark?

yeah, it left a scar. my skin loooves to scar. lol. it wasn't as big as i thought i was going to be, though.