Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
muse475

alcohol and accutane

I am a senior and senior week is approaching. I am on accutane and have been for a month. I take 40 mg twice a day. I never have drank before and plan to drink a little at senior week and maybe more than a little, you never know. I am 17 and weigh 165 lbs. How much of a risk is there in drinking while on accutane?

Accutane hurts the liver so you should not take any accutane the day that you will be drinking, skipping a day or two of tane will not mess you up as bad as drinking while on accutane. My derm said try to avoid alchol all together or just have one. But if I planed on having more than one I would skip the tane. Hope this helps

i drank quite i bit when i was on accutane (i turned 21 3 months into treatment) so i went to the bars every weekend... and i took my pills as normal and all of my blood tests came back fine (i took 80 mg/day) i mean im not saying you SHOULD.... but i didnt have any problems. hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass down the road haha. but you should be able to drink a little and not worry (unless the drinking age is 21 where you live.... dont get in trouble haha)