Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Differin application question

I washed my face at approximately 4:00 something pm, dont remember exactly the time and now its almost 5:30pm where I live. Does differin have to be applied right before I go to bed or can it be applied any time of the night? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I dont know the answer

From my understanding, it's suggested that you apply Differin at night because it degrades in sunlight. So as long as you're not going to have sun exposure for a long time, any time should be just fine.

Actually, Differin (adapalene), unlike true retinoids, is NOT degraded by sunlight. You can apply it at any time.

hey I NEED ADVICE PLZ!! i have sensitive skin with mild-moderate acne and my derm gave me some differin to try out but i heard you break out rlly bad when you first use it and im kinda nervous to try it now=/ should i try the differin or is it not worth it? oh and i cleanse my face with neutrogena gentle cleanser and use Erythromycin topical gel on my face at night so yeah idk what to do.

hey I NEED ADVICE PLZ!! i have sensitive skin with mild-moderate acne and my derm gave me some differin to try out but i heard you break out rlly bad when you first use it and im kinda nervous to try it now=/ should i try the differin or is it not worth it? oh and i cleanse my face with neutrogena gentle cleanser and use Erythromycin topical gel on my face at night so yeah idk what to do.

A search of the boards will give you much information about Differin, even more recent posts about its effectiveness for other users.

Here's one I found:

im on the same thing as you, clindamycin and differin. i had results in about two months and never had a bad initial breakout but it is normal for it to take three months to see any results. i would suggest looking at the personal regimen logs where you can track other peoples progress with differin. But i recommennd you stick to it. what you say sounds completely normal based on what ive read on this website. i have been on differin for about a year and i have 99% clear skin. i love the stuff.

And:

Please read the following post on how topical retinoids work and why patience and perseverance is required when using topical retinoids: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Info-reti...ial-t98395.html