Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Damn. My skin was looking pretty good these past few weeks even two old cysts I’ve had forever had all but almost flattened out. I was feeling good, confident, ready to kick ass again.

So I booked an appointment for a wax and after I was done she rubbed some stuff all over my face to help sooth the redness. Usually the ONLY thing they rub on after waxing is aloe vera gel which is fine. But this time it smelled different and I almost jumped off the table, “what’s that you’re rubbing on my face?†she claimed it was only aloe vera but ever since then my skin has gone haywire again. I now have 5 new zits red and oozing with puss and oil. The cysts that were almost flat are now inflamed and red again, I am so pissed! She said it was only aloe vera but I don’t believe it. She used talc on me too.

I had a big outdoor party to go to yesterday with all of my relatives out in the sunlight. I didn’t let it stop me from having a fun time but I swear when I got in the car to drive home and looked in the mirror I almost cried!! There were probably 100 people there of all ages, kids, teenagers, 20’s, 30’s and up. I was the ONLY freak with acne and I’m 39 y/o. Wtf.

Sunday afternoon now and I am back to hiding at home in the dark with no makeup on trying to repair the damage that just set me back probably another month. Already thinking of canceling plans for this upcoming week. I probably have to up my spironolactone dosage another 25mg too.

I am supposed to go to the derm tomorrow for my regular spiro checkup but I even want to cancel that because I felt that I was making really good progress before this.

Sucks.

Acne has a knack for appearing at just the right time & place. It's like it has a mind of its own, lol.

I feel you. Don't sweat it. It'll all be fine one day.

Acne has a knack for appearing at just the right time & place. It's like it has a mind of its own, lol.

I am 100% with you on this!! One day, my face will be fine but the next day or so, one or two crysts woulds pop out of no where when I'm about to go out and have fun!!

Yes it does seem to have a mind of its own. I wish I could not let it bother me so much as it does because that just makes me feel vain in a way. I wish I was a strong enough person to rise above it all....but I can't help it, my mood is totally affected every time I'm broken out like this with no end in sight :( I kinda feel like giving up and diving into a big bag of chocolate chip cookies.

I am 100% with you on this!! One day, my face will be fine but the next day or so, one or two crysts woulds pop out of no where when I'm about to go out and have fun!!

Happened to me about 9 months ago. I was planning on asking out a really nice, fine girl. On the morning of the big day, BAM.

I ended up going to the gym and squatting my ass off. I did 225 lbs X 9 reps, a PR, so that lifted my spirits up a bit.

Yes it does seem to have a mind of its own. I wish I could not let it bother me so much as it does because that just makes me feel vain in a way. I wish I was a strong enough person to rise above it all....but I can't help it, my mood is totally affected every time I'm broken out like this with no end in sight :( I kinda feel like giving up and diving into a big bag of chocolate chip cookies.
all you can really do is hang in there and try be as gentle as possible to your skin.

We all have problems. You gotta be a tough sugarmama.

I can totally relate, whenever I got a huge breakout I knew it would take me months to recover which is mostly what brought me down, also, the fact that my zits regardless of how small ALWAYS leave lovely red marks brings me down too.

I'm almost sure that when I finally get off of antibiotics my acne will come back 10x worse, I am not prepared for it and I will be in the same position as you. I'm so sorry you are going though this, acne is really depressing for me. I just want to have "decent" skin I don't even want "perfect" skin! Urgh.

You're a true warrior. The definition of a battle tested vet. I don't think you're a freak for having breakouts at 39. I bet you still look good. You're doing a great job by not letting that breakout effect your behavior at the party, but I understand how it gets tough when you go home and look in the mirror. I think we all have our moments in private where it feels impossible.

There's nothing wrong with a few chocolate chip cookies. :D

Thanks you guys...I know I am singing to the choir here and you all know exactly how it feels.

We are all warriors and we're all in this together. I wish I could have you all over for tea and chocolate chip cookies.

You're not a freak for having acne at 39. (I'm assuming you're female :) ) ..........Every woman I see in their 20's/30's/40's has some form of acne(most of the time hidden behind heaps of makeup)........mostly hormone related ....and nobody ever thinks twice about it!! Just keep ya head up and try not to spend too much time in the mirror focused on your acne, it'll send you crazy lol!

What you probably consider bad, is not even noticeable by others.

Whatever you do.......do not cancel your plans!!!! :D

I can totally relate, whenever I got a huge breakout I knew it would take me months to recover which is mostly what brought me down, also, the fact that my zits regardless of how small ALWAYS leave lovely red marks brings me down too.

I am the same way electric_feel. My skin is very fair and the red marks linger for months. And each time you start to get the old red marks to fade doesn't it seem like that's when a new breakout occurs? Can never get ahead of the game...so annoying!

I am the same way electric_feel. My skin is very fair and the red marks linger for months. And each time you start to get the old red marks to fade doesn't it seem like that's when a new breakout occurs? Can never get ahead of the game...so annoying!

Exactly! I have fair skin as well, and the red marks take months, sometimes years, to go away. Before my terrible breakout in January of this year my red marks were actually really improving and I was feeling pretty good about my skin too, then I used Dan's regimen incorrectly and my skin erupted in cysts, as a result I now have about 40 red marks and that's just on one cheek! :(

Try to remain positive, that's what I tried to do when my skin was at its worst. The reason why my skin is manageable now is because of antibiotics but it's false/temporary relief. My acne will most likely come back when I get off them, and I will be back to square 1.

I hope you are feeling better today!

Try to remain positive, that's what I tried to do when my skin was at its worst. The reason why my skin is manageable now is because of antibiotics but it's false/temporary relief. My acne will most likely come back when I get off them, and I will be back to square 1.

Thanks! I am feeling better Mainly because everything is clearing up pretty quickly now. I am def. convinced it had to do with the waxing. My face went haywire a day or two after and was doing really really good prior to that. Now it's healing quickly and getting back to being good again. All I'm using is my Spiro 75mg a day and Avon Anew Glycolic pads every other day that Wynne had recommended. This was working out really well prior to the waxing. Now it seems to be heading back in that direction again...I hope it stays that way! damnit!

Exactly! I have fair skin as well, and the red marks take months, sometimes years, to go away. Before my terrible breakout in January of this year my red marks were actually really improving and I was feeling pretty good about my skin too, then I used Dan's regimen incorrectly and my skin erupted in cysts, as a result I now have about 40 red marks and that's just on one cheek! :(

How long have you been on antibiotics?

How long have you been on antibiotics?

For almost two months, I will be off them by the end of June.

After finishing my 3rd month I started taking my Doxy (75mg) every other day. Its been two weeks. I'll keep you posted.