Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone! I need your advice. First off, here is my acne history. Throughout my entire life I never ever had a problem with acne. I always had clear skin and never thought twice about acne. No one in my family has ever had a problem with acne either. Then in my second year of college I had a horrendous break out. I never thought it was possible but I had acne for the first time in my life at 19. I'm thinking the main cause was diet and stress but I digress. Anyways I've been on Dan's regimen for about 2 months now and before Dan's regimen I was on epiduo which contains .1% adapalene and 2.5% BP for about a month and a half. So far, Dan's regimen has worked pretty well for the most part. The only thing now is, like everyone else, I have those nasty red marks that make my face look way worst than the acne itself. So I did some research as to why this happens and how to prevent it and I found out that Bp slows down the healing process which is why the red marks stay around for so long. My question then is should I stop using the Bp and maybe just stick to AHA or what? What's worked best in your own experience?

Some people do seem to find that BP makes red marks last a little longer, but since using BP also helps to clear skin and prevent new acne from forming, it also prevents new red marks from happening.

Your best bet your be to continue using BP and to either just wait for your hyperpigmentation to fade on its own (I know it takes a while, but it'll happen eventually), or read through some of the threads on this board about different methods people have used to speed the process up.

Some people do seem to find that BP makes red marks last a little longer, but since using BP also helps to clear skin and prevent new acne from forming, it also prevents new red marks from happening.

Your best bet your be to continue using BP and to either just wait for your hyperpigmentation to fade on its own (I know it takes a while, but it'll happen eventually), or read through some of the threads on this board about different methods people have used to speed the process up.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I most likely am going to continue using Bp my only thing is since my family doesn't have a history of acne would doing nothing aside from AHA maybe work? I also have tried ACV and baking soda which kind of helps. The only thing is I feel like it's a constant back and forth of whether I think it's getting better or not. I thought maybe doing something drastic altogether such as discontinuing the use of Bp would help heal red marks faster.