Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i just bought this toner called dickinsons...anyways its all natural but it has alcohol but its natural alcohol..would that cause redness?? would that trigger acne??? my goal was to find a non alcoholic toner but there was non so this was the best choice

Based on my experience it may cause redness. I had the clarify lotion by Clinique and my cheeks would turn red. I use Neutrogena Toner that contains no Alcohol and it has helped alot. Although the downfall is it has a fragrance I love it but some people hate it.

I was always the type of person who just had to use a toner everyday. But after doing some research and getting advice from others, toners aren't necessary. In fact, most can do more harm than good.

About a year ago I ditched the toner. And it actually was a good thing for my skin! My benzoyl peroxide treatment goes on better and absorbs faster. Not only did my skin clear up more, but I also am saving lots of money too! Toners can be very expensive!!

So, try not to use a toner. If you absolutely have to, try to find one without alcohol, which can be very hard to find, I know. I have used the Dickinson's toner you are talking about, and it really dried out my skin. Paula's Choice has a toner that is free of alcohol. I tried it, but for me it was too moisturizing. Worth a try though!