Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Save Lives (SWAT)

Advice on my new diet?

I only weight like 160 and I my metabolism is psychotic, so I need to be careful and make sure I get enough fats, etc. so bad things don't happen. :o That's where I need help! I'm eliminating glutens, majorly and adding more veggies and fruits to my diet.

This is basically just a rough idea of what my days will be like:

- breakfast: vegetable drink. Carrots, spinach, apple or banana, water. blend. chug.

scrabled eggs. broccoli with eggs, if still not full.

- lunch: a salad, but a weird kind lol. lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a whole bunch of baked chicken.

- dinner: chili. just the typical, red beans, tomato puree, meat. Minimal use of crackers.

- snacks: random veggies or fruits.

- drink: only water. i just drink tap. It doesn't bother me at all, i've been doing it for a while now.

Help please?

Thanks and God Bless!!

I only weight like 160 and I my metabolism is psychotic, so I need to be careful and make sure I get enough fats, etc. so bad things don't happen. :o That's where I need help! I'm eliminating glutens, majorly and adding more veggies and fruits to my diet.

This is basically just a rough idea of what my days will be like:

- breakfast: vegetable drink. Carrots, spinach, apple or banana, water. blend. chug.

scrabled eggs. broccoli with eggs, if still not full.

- lunch: a salad, but a weird kind lol. lettuce, cherry tomatoes and a whole bunch of baked chicken.

- dinner: chili. just the typical, red beans, tomato puree, meat. Minimal use of crackers.

- snacks: random veggies or fruits.

- drink: only water. i just drink tap. It doesn't bother me at all, i've been doing it for a while now.

Help please?

Thanks and God Bless!!

You need a lot more fats. I suggest extra-virgin olive oil, and add it into salads. I remember when I used to weight 155! I currently weight 175+ because I decided to go at the gym, and also I decided to eat more carbs and fats.

I'm 100% clear which I'm pleased.

Can i suggest gluten free whole grains to keep your fibre and carb intake good?

-Brown rice

-Quinoa

-Buckwheat

And nuts and seeds are a great source of omega oils and fatty acids plus protein

-brazil nuts

-linseed/flaxseed

-walnuts

-almonds

Hope its going well for you=)

Also do u take a multivitamin?I cant recommend them enough to keeping nutrition balanced.

-Brown rice

-Quinoa

-Buckwheat

And nuts and seeds are a great source of omega oils and fatty acids plus protein

-brazil nuts

-linseed/flaxseed

-walnuts

-almonds

Also do u take a multivitamin?I cant recommend them enough to keeping nutrition balanced.

really? no gluten in brown rice? wow... that would be awesome! I'm going to look into all of these :). Quinoa would be great, especially for breakfast to sub out cereal. And, yup, I take a multivitamin. Thanks a lot for the help, this has been quite useful!

You might want to consider consuming more fiber, and I notice you don't have a real source of calcium, shoot for 2 glasses of milk minimum per day. A multi-vitamin isn't such a bad idea either. Get some nuts/fish/chicken as well to get some HDL's in your diet.

ya, but im avoiding dairy because it seems to make me break out. To make up for calcium I take a women's multivitamin. ok ok ok, it doesn't do anything like put estrogen in me lol! It just has different vitamins. Lots of calcium and (the main reason I take it) it doesn't have iodine in it.

why are you avoiding iodine? does it really break you out or do you just think that it will?

-Brown rice

-Quinoa

-Buckwheat

-brazil nuts

-linseed/flaxseed

-walnuts

-almonds

really? no gluten in brown rice? wow... that would be awesome! I'm going to look into all of these :). Quinoa would be great, especially for breakfast to sub out cereal. And, yup, I take a multivitamin. Thanks a lot for the help, this has been quite useful!

Quinoa is great for breakfast because it's good to have protein, but I prefer a somewhat sweet tasting carb for breakfast. I add quinoa to a recipe I have for baked oatmeal and apples. I also add pumpkin seeds because they are a very dense quality protein source.

Another good thing for those that prefer a sweet carblike thing for breakfast is sweet potatoes.

Quinoa is great for breakfast because it's good to have protein, but I prefer a somewhat sweet tasting carb for breakfast. I add quinoa to a recipe I have for baked oatmeal and apples. I also add pumpkin seeds because they are a very dense quality protein source.

Another good thing for those that prefer a sweet carblike thing for breakfast is sweet potatoes.