Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm gunna try and sum up my acne life here. help is appreciated.

I've had acne since grade ten, three years now. At first it wasn't too too bad. In grade 11, when it started getting worse, i turned to proactive, no suprise here, it didn't work. Durring this time i was smokeing weed pretty much everyday. I then turned to clean and clear advanged acne solutions (i think that's right). Once again, no sucess. After this i turned to the docs and went on a topical and retin-A cream. No luck.

This is where i started going buck on trying to correct my acne. I turned to Spectro, the whole line, face wash (for blemish prone skin), cleansing pads, and bp gel. I discovered that any sexual activity at al flares up my acne, even just macing with the girlfriend, but after "abstenance" of a week or so it'll start to flare. I'm still on my what i'm calling, spectro phaze. I take vitamin A, B, C, D, E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, evening permerose oil, centrem protegra, saw palmetto, super apple cider viniger, Omega 3 6 9, and alpha lipoic acid. I go to the gym ever other day and follow it up with the sauna. I've pretty much cut meat and dairy out completely except for a glass of milk after the gym and some chicken or othermeat at dinnner. I don't smoke anymore, i eat at least one apple a day, i drink 4 glasses of green tea a day, i drink four bottles of water a day and 2 bottles mixed with lemon juice.

I'm honestly about to say screw it and just do nothing, it's getting tiresome and although it's not as worse as before, there are consant breakouts and it's not worth it.

and that's my story.

p.s my acne was moderate but now with all the s**t i do i'd say it's mild

i don't know what to do..

You might consider trying the Regimen exactly as written; or seriously consider enlisting professional help and go to a derm. It seems you've battled this long enough on your own.

Good luck whichever course you decide on. :)

Use Dan's regimen and cut out all that propaganda. No dairy? Meats? come on. Lemon juice? Is that supposed to do something now too? I'm not saying to stop taking vitamins, but all that other stuff?

This reminds me of how whenever I eat something or am near like a microwave or something someone says "that is known to cause cancer." Pretty soon its going to be the same for acne.

Don't smile, it irritates acne on your cheek; give me a break.

Use Dan's regimen and cut out all that propaganda. No dairy? Meats? come on. Lemon juice? Is that supposed to do something now too? I'm not saying to stop taking vitamins, but all that other stuff?

This reminds me of how whenever I eat something or am near like a microwave or something someone says "that is known to cause cancer." Pretty soon its going to be the same for acne.

Don't smile, it irritates acne on your cheek; give me a break.

Propaganda? Say that to real people who have gotten real results from cutting out certain food item(s). Based on my own experience, certain foods like dairy cause me to break out in cystic acne. I went from having severe cystic acne to being 100% clear in two months by eating and living a healthier lifestyle. For me, I tried the regimen twice, the first time with moderate success and the second time, it probably made it worse. The only thing that cleared me up 100% was taking my daily vitamins, eating healthy, cutting dairy, and living healthier. You really should get over yourself and accept that everybody's skin is different.

Well i know what you're getting at. Reg's arn't working so i decided to do nothing. I still try to avoid dairy and meat but not as much. I'm growing, if i don't drink my milk this will effect me forever. I use a honey cinnimon mask with some other spices thrown in there. i drink green tea throughout the day and pour a little ACV on the bag and wipe it over my face. it's actually working too, i'm only on day two but i can already see everything fading, i had one new spot but that's no biggie. Ill try and keep posted. thank's for the advice by the way, everyone.