Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunkissed73

Ocella changing type of acne experienced?

I have switched from Yaz to Ocella because of the cost, and overall I feel that Ocella makes me "feel" better so that is a huge benefit for me, however I don't love its effect on my skin. I was only on Yaz for three months and it was my first form of hormonal BCP, and I did not notice a significant change in my skin although it did not get worse. However, on Ocella, I am breaking out more and am getting blemishes different from how I usually break out. I have broken out since I was 10 (I am almost 20), but it was never really bad and I don't know if you could even call it mild acne, probably just breakouts. I used to break out in mostly inflamed white heads that I would be able to pop and they would go away after a few days. However, now that I've started Ocella, I break out in hard pimples under the skin that will not go away. I've had them for at least three weeks now and they've shown no sign of diminishing.

Has anyone had a similar experience? And also, what are some recommendations for treating these types of breakouts? Since I'm not used to dealing with this type, I don't really know what will work best.

I also do not want to switch from Ocella to something else just yet, so please do not suggest that. I like how my body responds to it and its only adverse effect is my skin. If my skin does get a lot worse, I will definitely consider switching but for now I want to wait. Thanks!!

What you're describing is hormonal acne - very hard to treat as it's deep under the skin and unfortunately can leave scarring.

As it's only just emerged for you I imagine it could be due to the shift in your hormonal chemistry since you've started BCP. They will take about 3-4 months to level out once you shift them.

In the meantime, try not to irritate your skin further with harsh products. Maybe go bac and see the Dr who prescribed the pill also, just to check if this is normal or not.

What you're describing is hormonal acne - very hard to treat as it's deep under the skin and unfortunately can leave scarring.

As it's only just emerged for you I imagine it could be due to the shift in your hormonal chemistry since you've started BCP. They will take about 3-4 months to level out once you shift them.

In the meantime, try not to irritate your skin further with harsh products. Maybe go bac and see the Dr who prescribed the pill also, just to check if this is normal or not.

Ugh, that stinks =( lol. I haven't been picking on it, so I guess that's good. It isn't super noticeable, and I can cover it up with makeup. I would say its less noticeable than the whiteheads and what not I would get, but it was just concerning me since the breakouts are under my skin. Do you have any good product reccs?

i experienced the exact same thing when i started ocella. my face had never been worse. i switched back to the name brand yasmin and everything went back to normal. so strange!

i know it's hard not to pick at them, but honestly, doing absolutely nothing to them is what made mine clear much faster. also, before bed sometimes, i'd dab 100% tea tree oil onto them and stick a bandaid over the pimple overnight. it reduced it's size by 50% just while i was sleeping.