Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Save Lives (SWAT)

Worried about working out? Plz help

Basically, I really want to start working out again, but it SEEMED when I got back on a workout schedule, I started to break out worse, so it is making me uncertain.

Here's the two things I'm weighing with working out/acne.

Pro: Relieves stress majorly.

Con: Can release more hormones into the body, possibly increasing acne.

I would just really appreciate some advice from you guys about what to do. Some people say their acne starts to relieve when working out, some say it gets worse. :wall:

exercise really helped with my acne..sweat can clog pores, and give some people acne. I think it helps to take a cool shower immediately after you workout, or at least rinse your face off.

Well, if you don't get a chance to shower after your workout within a reasonable amount of time, the sweat will clog your pores and viola-acne! So try to coordinate your workouts where you can immediately shower and then moisturize.

Sweating wont effect your acne. If you are lifting heavier weights you will have an increase in testosterone and may notice more acne...but this is only temporary your body will adjust to this change. There is no need at all to rush to a shower after working out though, unless your using BP or something similar....just pat your face off with a towel

I lift heavy-weights. Therefore, I'm 100% clear! I'm not sure if doing exercise helped me not to break out, but I've been clear for 2-4 months and I've been doing exercise for 10 months.

Basically, I really want to start working out again, but it SEEMED when I got back on a workout schedule, I started to break out worse, so it is making me uncertain.

Here's the two things I'm weighing with working out/acne.

Pro: Relieves stress majorly.

Con: Can release more hormones into the body, possibly increasing acne.

I would just really appreciate some advice from you guys about what to do. Some people say their acne starts to relieve when working out, some say it gets worse. :wall:

The thing about acne though is there are too many contributing factors that its impossible to know for sure what caused it unless you know youre allergic to a food that is. Its probably not the exercise making it worse. Exercise is extremely important for not just the health but it should actually improve your skin

sweet :) . Besides, excercising makes me happy and I felt a lot better about myself when I was on a workout schedule. Thanks!

I just finished a forty five minute work out a couple of hours ago. I really enjoyed it because Ive finally found equipment that isnt boring and doesnt hurt my knees! I used the bicycle for twenty minutes and the elipticle for another twenty minutes. What are your favorite exercise machines? :)

I wouldn't worry about it man, it sounds like the benefits will outweigh what little acne it might give you. I know they do for me.

I would go on a high fat, high protein low carb diet. (for weight gain)

Don't take allot of omega 6, which causes inflamation, or allot of carbs which does the same thing.

Sweat does not cause acne, we sweat everywhere all the time, some places more than others.

Hormones create acne, like stated before. Nothing can really cure that except time and healthy eating.

I would go on a high fat, high protein low carb diet. (for weight gain)

Don't take allot of omega 6, which causes inflamation, or allot of carbs which does the same thing.

I would disagree, I'd follow a, if you're looking for mass, 45:45:10 (or 40:40:20, whatever) carb:protein:fat diet with very healthy foods, and the small amount of fat coming from, say, fish or something (ie: little omega 6, more omega 3).

But yeah, sweating won't do anything really...

Just a tip, I suggest you test out changes in masturbation (or, well, ejaculation in general) frequency. What I mean is, I clear up very nicely and gain muscle quicker when I don't (or limit) masturbate or have sex, so you should see if that works for you too. The way it works is that the ejaculation process turns a large amount of testosterone into DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which acts as a very strong oil producing androgenic hormone. Some figures say that while testosterone acts in this way as well, DHT is 50x more, um, androgenic -- 'pro acne'. Oh yeah, and you lose other nutrients as well, notably zinc, which a lot of people say a deficiency in will produce acne.

So yeah, every time you ejaculate you'll lose a bit of testosterone, which your body needs to replenish, and thus raises its' production rate. Working out would just compound the problem a bit further by adding a bit more testosterone. But, if you don't ejaculate, then this doesn't really matter. Keep the testosterone you gain during working out, don't waste it on 3 seconds of awesome ;)