Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I am new here and thought I would post what's been happening to me and maybe get some advice. I feel I need to tell people about my problems as its eating me away.

I have suffered from acne since the age of 14 and I am now 30. The last 10 years it has really been bothering me. I also suffer depression that I put down to my acne problem. I have been to the doctors several times and been prescribed 3 diff types of tablet (antibiotics) and have tried dozens of topical treatments over the counter. My life seems to be one big self destruction lately. To cut a very long story short o0ver the past year I lost my wife due to the way I am, depression wise. Last nov I jacked in my job due to my acne, I was a van driver and I could not face going to work, didn't want to see anyone, would rush into the depot and rush out avoiding contact with anyone, as I was paranoid that people were talking about me, looking at me. So I left and felt a lot better in myself for a while after. My skin improved in the next month no more breakouts, yes I still had red patches and the odd pimple, my face still scared from years of acne problems but I could live with that. The big red angry cysts had gone forever, just by packing in my job, so I though. After 6 months with no major outbreaks I gained the confidence to look for a job, I took a new driving job 2 weeks ago and within a week, all my problems returned. I currently and trying to contain one of the worst out breaks I can remember. I feel so low and cry myself to sleep every night. Why did taking another job trigger all the acne to return overnight. I just don't know what to try next. I have tried the regime on here, a while ago, but nothing seems to work for me. I have now jacked in my new job cos of this, and feel like I am about to lose everything, and self destruct again. I am looking at laser treatment, but not sure about it, as my acne is still very active.

Regards

Andy

Forget to say that i have noticed that spending a lot of time in front of a PC seems to make the imflamation worse? and also as i got up at 4 am to go to work? could that play a part. early mornings?