Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on the regimen for a long time now. I no longer get cysts or inflamed acne, just a bunch of white heads. Usually 3 or 4 a day. They don't leave red marks for long, usually just a week or so. I've been using Dans cleanser BP and moisturizer and aha. Since I've been using aha my skins been better so I want to keep that in. What should I try next? Should I try using salycylic acid? If so what should I use? My sister has 2% oxy pads. Are those good to use? And what else should I use along with it?

I've been on the regimen for a long time now. I no longer get cysts or inflamed acne, just a bunch of white heads. Usually 3 or 4 a day. They don't leave red marks for long, usually just a week or so. I've been using Dans cleanser BP and moisturizer and aha. Since I've been using aha my skins been better so I want to keep that in. What should I try next? Should I try using salycylic acid? If so what should I use? My sister has 2% oxy pads. Are those good to use? And what else should I use along with it?

How long is "a long time?" a couple monthes? or years? Are you using the correct amount of BP?

Are you being gentle?

This is a little survey type thing that can help you figure out if you are doing anything wrong:

http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

If you've been following the regimen closely, be sure to check out the biggest mistakes page, for over 3-6 monthes and are still breaking out, you can try doing other stuff, it's not recommended.

http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

And don't use SA with AHA. This could cause major irritation. If I were you, I would just stick to Dan's regimen, its worked greatly for you so far.