Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bspencer10

Best way to get put on Accutane?

So, I'm 20, and I'll be 21 here in about a month. I have tried pretty much EVERYTHING... Holistic stuff, apple cider vinegar, Proactiv, caveman regimen, just cleanse and moisturize, etc. I have tried it all. I am tired of being scared to go out and experience life because my acne has gotten bad enough. Also, I'm gay, and let's just say gay people are VERY materialistic and concerned with looks. :P Anyways, I have decided that what I want for my 21st birthday is to be put on Accutane. I am tired of dealing with acne, and, since I have my mom's skin, I fear I will be facing breakouts for a long time to come, much like she still does (she's 48). I know about all the side effects, and I am sure that this is what I want, so what is the best way to go about this? I have heard that doctors won't normally prescribe it for a while or until you have tried a few other prescriptions, but I'm almost certain that nothing else will work in really killing the acne. Any tips?

if you've never been put on any prescriptions they definately won't give you accutane

you never know they might work

your pretty much going to have to try the presciptions which will take at least six months

Damn. That sucks. I told my parents that Accutane is what I really want for my birthday, and I know that it would help my confidence and self esteem.

im on the same road as you. its lookin bleek tho. gl trying to get on accutane with moderate or mild acne.

Yeah I agree with everyone else, I had to go through mulitple antibiotics and topicals before I could even get a referral to a derm. Good luck have a good 21st! :)

yeah we all want accutane but you looking at a least a year of trying everything else

if your in england you won't even get referal to a dermatologist until you have tried a load things from your GP first

ive seen some people have really incredible results with topicals and antibiotics though some are completely clear so go see a doctor not because you want accutane but because you want to cure your acne and they know more about skin than you do and will help you try and cure it whether accutane is necessary or not.