Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello :) My name's Eddie and here is my log. I've never created a log before on my skin regimen and the past week I've almost come close to perfecting it. I'm creating it to better understand what I'm doing and to hopefully get some feedback on things I could do to enhance it. I'm actually looking to update my cleanser and I would love some recommendations.

Cleanser: Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Gel Wash (2% salicylic acid)

This cleanser is a gel. I've never really tried a gel cleanser before and for the past 4.5 years I've used nothing but Clearasil because it always seemed to suppress my acne but never make it go away and I was fearful to change. The gel formula is very gentle on my skin but I wish I could find something else without salicylic acid.

Treatment: Clearasil Vanishing Treatment BP 10% (soon to become acne.org's BP treatment)

Before you scold me for using such a high percentage BP let me tell you the store I buy it from sells it very cheap and I am a struggling highschool graduate :wall:. Eventually I will be purchasing Dan's 16oz 2.5% BP treatment bottle because I have alot of faith in it. I understand the power of BP and I know if I start a normal routine with that BP treatment my skin will get clear. I hate not being able to apply the BP I use all over my face. I can't wait to purchase this one soon :)

Moisturizer: Clean & Clear Soft [Night + Day] Oil-Free Moisturizer

I found this one day after I woke up one morning with a horrible outbreak. I was having a really bad anxiety attack so I took the last of my money and sat on the acne isle floor reading the back of every product on the shelf. This is probably the BEST moisturizer I have ever used in my entire life. Not only are they both formulated for day and night but they are oil-free and contain white tea that really balances out my skin. The day time one has SPF 15 which really helps when I'm exposed to excessive sunlight. The night time one hydrates my skin and clarifies it making every pore easy to breath.

Exfoliation: Clean & Clear Detoxifying Facial Scrub [Oxygen-infused formula]

I understand how irritation can cause acne to worsen but this step is used once every week at night. It has a great effect on pre-exsisting acne bumps and pimples and really wakes up your skin. I don't know the science behind it but I will describe it as best as I can. It oxygenates your skin and allows every single pore to breath. It's double gentle on my skin too because I barely even touch my face when using it and it's designed to be used every day. It literally renews my skin. And my night time moisturizer heals any irritating I may have caused with it's white tea formula.

Weekly Refresher: Sea Salt Mask

Usually once in a while mid-day when I have the time I rinse my face with a slow light spray of water and then I mix a good portion of fine sea salt onto my palm and then I add just enough water to create a smooth paste. I dab it on on the reddest parts of my face very gently and allow it to do it's magic for 15-20 minutes. I follow with another 30 second slow light spray of water for a rinse and then pat dry. After this I put my day moisturizer on.

Items I need help improving:

- Cleanser [ ]

- Shavers [ ]

- A spot treatment chemical for nasty red spots [ ]

Heyyy!

Nice to see another person starting to follow Dan's regimen. Although I've only been here for 5 days, I'm already seeing results! As for the cleanser you asked about which one had no salicylic acid, I'm using SpectroJel Blemish-Prone Skin Cleanser. The purple one if you're wondering which color it is. It contains no salicylic acid, although that's what the ingredient list said. :) It works for my skin. Depends though if I have a breakout or not. If I do have a breakout, I use another cleanser with salicylic acid, because the SpectroJel one isn't strong enough in those cases. If my skin is undercontrol, it keeps it undercontrol. ;)

Hope I helped you a bit.

Jayy