Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

has anyone called in sick to work like me?

~has anyone else called in sick to work just because of acne? well. i just did. it kills me. this is my second time in almost 3 years i've done that :(. and i hate lying. even when i'm sick i usually go to work and tough it out so that way..... in exchange for the days i really am sick, i'd save it so i can call in sick for those days that i'm NOT sick but i actually have F- ING cystic acne. and so this also means i'm not calling sick too often which makes it less suspicious.

~i called in sick today because (this might sound abit dumb of me) i have this big cystic acne on my face with some moderate ones. i've never been to work with this big of a zit except for that last time. i'm just so self concious about it because my coworkers would notice, and all the customers too. and i had to think about calling in sick for about an hour before i had the courage to. i already made an appointment for my 3rd round of accutane within 2 days.

Moved to emotional and psychological effects of acne.

Others have called in due to a breakout. I haven't personally.

Yup, I have. I was on the bus 5 minutes away but chickened out to go to work. I went home, e-mailed my boss, then watched a movie alone instead on a Tuesday afternoon.

No, but there are times when I have REALLY wanted to (I work retail). My chin was a bumpy red mess and my make-up just made it look worse.

sorry to hear that but at least you made it through the shift and hopefully you won't have to really want to call in sick again!

I've called into work. I didn't show up for classes. I canceled dates and skipped out on all types of events. I've done it all. Finally, I reached a point where I realized avoiding the problem was only bringing more misery. My attitude had a lot to do with it. Once I started to lighten up, people easily looked over my acne and treated me like a normal human being.

I applaud you all for going out, I literally cant go out properly and its been a while (2 years nearly :( ).

I mean i go go out for walks but far of the beaten path, where no-one hardly goes, but I wish I had at least a small amount of your courage.

~has anyone else called in sick to work just because of acne? well. i just did. it kills me. this is my second time in almost 3 years i've done that :(. and i hate lying. even when i'm sick i usually go to work and tough it out so that way..... in exchange for the days i really am sick, i'd save it so i can call in sick for those days that i'm NOT sick but i actually have F- ING cystic acne. and so this also means i'm not calling sick too often which makes it less suspicious.

~i called in sick today because (this might sound abit dumb of me) i have this big cystic acne on my face with some moderate ones. i've never been to work with this big of a zit except for that last time. i'm just so self concious about it because my coworkers would notice, and all the customers too. and i had to think about calling in sick for about an hour before i had the courage to. i already made an appointment for my 3rd round of accutane within 2 days.

OMG!! You are just like me, dude! I did it twice this year. And I still go to work when I'm sick (flu, fever) because I got to save for fake sick days. I know what I did was wrong, but I couldn't help it. Damn acne!

me too! when i have headache, flu or feeling not well i still go to work. only today for the first time in my one-year contract, i called in sick because of goddamn acne and however this day gone so fast and i've passed this day and still have to go to work tomorrow...

When I was real depressed I ended up giving my manager the finger and walking out (I do not recommend)......but I was dealing with alot of stress at the time.....Severe acne/work stress/my education/death in the family...........my manager giving me a hard time was just the final straw lol

~hi all. thanks for replying! i looked at my post today and noticed so many comments. wow! and yeahh sometimes i'd rather be sick than have acne :(. good to know i'm not alone. haha troubled boy99 i would never give my manager the finger because my manager is prob the nicest manager you can get. she still has to obey the rules of being a manager though, so if you're constantly late then you'll be in trouble, and doesn't let you slack off of course, but other than that, she is very nice.

I'm sorry to hear this. It must be a horrible feeling, to actually skip work because of acne. Honestly, I have felt this way before. I truly have, but letting your acne interfere with something like work will only lead to more interferences.

Quiet and alone time can be nice, but years upon years of it...I wouldn't subject that to anybody besides those who truly want to. You can't change the wandering eyes of your coworkers, or even your breakouts, but you can change your perception of yourself. And I guarantee that when you come to a place to be able to do this, you'll be much happier.

The world is concerned with itself, not you. No worries. =)

I've called into work. I didn't show up for classes. I canceled dates and skipped out on all types of events. I've done it all. Finally, I reached a point where I realized avoiding the problem was only bringing more misery. My attitude had a lot to do with it. Once I started to lighten up, people easily looked over my acne and treated me like a normal human being.

'Tis true. Just try to get on with your life.

I've done it once even though there have been MANY times where I wanted to do it, I hate the feeling of sitting in my car right before I have to go into my work and just dreading going in there because of my acne. You just feel so defeated because there's nothing you can do.. you HAVE to go into work.. :mad:

No it's not that easy to get on with my life with this acne!!! and i feel the same like you yourowndisaster

I've done it once even though there have been MANY times where I wanted to do it, I hate the feeling of sitting in my car right before I have to go into my work and just dreading going in there because of my acne. You just feel so defeated because there's nothing you can do.. you HAVE to go into work.. :mad:

Same here!

Well said.

I'm 18 years old yet I've never had a job and I've opted to put college off, not because I'm illiterate nor disabled, or unable to thoroughly follow instructions but because I can't handle or cope with having a commitment that I have to attend daily despite the condition of my skin. Currently the only time I'll go out is on "good skin days" I think we all know what I mean by that and of course with work or school you can't just show up on "good skin days" and stay home for the rest, hell, I'd work or go to school maybe 1 day a week and likely less if that were the case, so it really is time that I wake up and accept the fact that I'm a human being despite the condition of my skin and people aren't going to think I'm disgusting nor throw up when they look at my face. It's hard though; if you feel these things when you look at yourself, you automatically assume others will think the same if not worse.

Well said.

I'm 18 years old yet I've never had a job and I've opted to put college off, not because I'm illiterate nor disabled, or unable to thoroughly follow instructions but because I can't handle or cope with having a commitment that I have to attend daily despite the condition of my skin. Currently the only time I'll go out is on "good skin days" I think we all know what I mean by that and of course with work or school you can't just show up on "good skin days" and stay home for the rest, hell, I'd work or go to school maybe 1 day a week and likely less if that were the case, so it really is time that I wake up and accept the fact that I'm a human being despite the condition of my skin and people aren't going to think I'm disgusting nor throw up when they look at my face. It's hard though; if you feel these things when you look at yourself, you automatically assume others will think the same if not worse.

~i am exactly like you. no joke. and i'm sure there are many people too who would go out only on good skin days. on those bad skin days whenever my friends invite me to a hangout i avoid them. one time i made the excuse saying i'm sick. on the good skin days i can just enjoy my day in the sunshine or hangout friends and not have any worries.

~that's why i have accutane. accutane is my best friend in the whole world. even if i have to pay it to be my best friend.

~get your doctor to prescribe accutane if acne is bothering you too much. some people have been prescribed accutane for moderate acne. you'd prob go on a really low dose. lowest is 10mg. i am on 40mg. they say accutane is only for severe acne but prob can go on it with moderate acne.