Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oh-so outrageous

Just when you think you look better...

So I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he says, "I have really weird, bad skin..." (And he's pretty much perfectly clear except for the odd teen-hormone pimple every two months or so...) And I said, "Well... don't worry about your skin, you're fine... mine is pretty bad!"

And he says, "Yeah... other people mention that about your skin a lot too."

Really? :(

And I thought I was getting clearer :cry: I just use a little less makeup now because of the desert heat and people are all over how crappy my skin is.

So today I layered on much more makeup and it wouldn't cover because my skin is all dry and weird and I didn't have much time and was so depressed all morning cuz I still looked like crap, and I come home and I'm greeted by clogged pores and a new breakout.

I don't want to look like this!!! :cry: I'm like considered completely unattractive at my school, and I can't help but wonder if it'd be the same way if I didn't have terrible skin... Maybe it'd be different :(

Rant over :(

So I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he says, "I have really weird, bad skin..." (And he's pretty much perfectly clear except for the odd teen-hormone pimple every two months or so...) And I said, "Well... don't worry about your skin, you're fine... mine is pretty bad!"

And I thought I was getting clearer :cry: I just use a little less makeup now because of the desert heat and people are all over how crappy my skin is.

So today I layered on much more makeup and it wouldn't cover because my skin is all dry and weird and I didn't have much time and was so depressed all morning cuz I still looked like crap, and I come home and I'm greeted by clogged pores and a new breakout.

I don't want to look like this!!! :cry: I'm like considered completely unattractive at my school, and I can't help but wonder if it'd be the same way if I didn't have terrible skin... Maybe it'd be different :(

That was a pretty crappy thing for him to say to you. I know it's easy enough to say 'don't let it get to you', but it does. I've been there before. Just don't dwell on it for *too* long. Good luck with your treatments - focus on your health and never-mind what other people think or say.

That guy is lame. In fact, I would probably consider that a good enough reason to NOT talk to that loser anymore. You don't need someone so negative, judgmental, and insensitive filling your head with things that make you feel bad about yourself. I don't know what you look like, but I highly doubt you are that unattractive. I would probably think you're pretty-- in fact, to be honest I think most of the people I meet every day are attractive. Everyone has redeeming qualities.

In your case, right now, maybe your redeeming qualities are kind of overshadowed by your acne. But you can still be beautiful, despite it. And once you clear up, which I'm certain you will someday, just imagine how beautiful you will be then! You will no longer have your bad skin hide your good qualities. Basically, what I'm saying is that this bad period of time WILL end. You WILL see better days. So keep your head up, and try not to let that loser, or any other loser for that matter, get you feeling down about yourself.

:)

what an idiot...

But I think it has to do with the way acne sufferers act in general to the public: as if they don't care about their acne. If you give off this impression, your friends won't understand that acne is a sensitive subject for you and feel free to make insensitive comments like you've mentioned. I always act very strong in public, as if my acne doesn't bother me the least. That gives people full permission to discuss acne with me, to make comments--after all, it doesn't bother me, right?

That guy is lame. In fact, I would probably consider that a good enough reason to NOT talk to that loser anymore. You don't need someone so negative, judgmental, and insensitive filling your head with things that make you feel bad about yourself.

Stupid.

Since when is telling the truth "negative, judgmental, and insensitive"? I would rather have someone tell me the truth than instill me with counterfeit confidence, even if it hurts to hear. I covet the honesty; it gives some validity to my self conscious anxiety. It's not disrespectful to acknowledge that acne is present. Most people are beautiful in their own right with or without acne, imo. "What other people mention" is definitely not a reflection of one's own opinion anyway.

That guy is lame. In fact, I would probably consider that a good enough reason to NOT talk to that loser anymore. You don't need someone so negative, judgmental, and insensitive filling your head with things that make you feel bad about yourself.

Stupid.

Since when is telling the truth "negative, judgmental, and insensitive"? I would rather have someone tell me the truth than instill me with counterfeit confidence, even if it hurts to hear. I covet the honesty; it gives some validity to my self conscious anxiety. It's not disrespectful to acknowledge that acne is present. Most people are beautiful in their own right with or without acne, imo. "What other people mention" is definitely not a reflection of one's own opinion anyway.

Sorry but I disagree. You can be honest to a friend without being insensitive. For example, if someone said to me "I am so fat" I wouldn't sit there and say "Ya know what? You are!!!" Instead I would ask why she feels that way and come up with suggestions to help her. I agree that honesty is the best policy but there are ways to going about certain touchy subjects. I don't think a good friend would sit there pointing out my flaws but instead sit there and encourage me to move forward regardless of what people say behind my back. Just a thought.

Stupid.

Sorry but I disagree. You can be honest to a friend without being insensitive. For example, if someone said to me "I am so fat" I wouldn't sit there and say "Ya know what? You are!!!" Instead I would ask why she feels that way and come up with suggestions to help her. I agree that honesty is the best policy but there are ways to going about certain touchy subjects. I don't think a good friend would sit there pointing out my flaws but instead sit there and encourage me to move forward regardless of what people say behind my back. Just a thought.

I was reading this and thinking: "hmm.. Diplomacy"

Oh-so outrageous: just chill girl, you're still young. a lot of people have it worse than you do. just think of how many hearts you're gonna break when you're clear.

ah man, thats the lamest thing ive heard so far, seriously

why are people so rude about acne??

take fat people for example, when they are honest to someone about their weight, people always say: nah its not that bad. or something like that

not: yeah indeed, just discussed it with a couple of people yesterday, we concluded that indeed you are pretty f'king fat.

im sorry, dont mean to hurt anyone with this post, it just frustrated me :P

oh-so; you're gorgeous. :) You have magnificent eyes, cheekbones, facial structure. You have the classical definition of beauty.

I know it sucks when someone makes comments about your skin; lose the 'friends' who can't at least be tactful. Some people choose not to be tactful because their aim is to actually hurt with a falsehood, to bring your self-esteem down. Remember THAT. And hold your head up and realize that at least one middle aged lady thinks you're gorgeous. Not to mention alllllll those people in the Lounge who saw your photo and said "Wow!" :D

Remember also that you aren't defined soley by appearance. You have character and personality and kindness and intelligence. Capitalize on your whole package; remember the total value of yourself. Acne does not define you. Sure, it sucks, but don't let it rob you of your self-esteem. WORK on remembering the positives about yourself. When you start feeling down, remember the things you do well. Do those things. :D

ah man, thats the lamest thing ive heard so far, seriously

why are people so rude about acne??

take fat people for example, when they are honest to someone about their weight, people always say: nah its not that bad. or something like that

not: yeah indeed, just discussed it with a couple of people yesterday, we concluded that indeed you are pretty f'king fat.

im sorry, dont mean to hurt anyone with this post, it just frustrated me :P

It's AMAZING what topics society deems socially acceptable to discuss. For example, I am very thin. I always get comments, even from strangers, about my weight. I have never been self-conscious about my weight, but I naturally begin to think about it every time it's pointed out. It ALSO can feel hurtful, as if the person commenting thinks I am sick. However, does anyone ever go up to a heavy person (like you just said) and comment about how heavy they are? Of course not. But for some reason, people think you can make comments about another individual's skin. Please.

1.) Never apologize for your opinion.

2.) This quote is not "insensitive" nor does it point out any amount of flaws. I'm sure it could've been followed by a more compassionate comment or quip to deflate her self consciousness, but it was not inherently negative. If her friend said something to the tune of "yeah, it's gross," that might warrant the general reaction displayed in this thread.

3.) People who fish for compliments by way of degrading or insulting themselves (read: "I'm so fat, bawww") deserve to have those claims validated (read: "Like a herd of fucking elephants").

well you should just deal with it and not wear makeup... you said it clogged your pores and you had a new breakout. So obviously that wasnt the solution.

with friends like yours who needs enemies?

That guy is lame. In fact, I would probably consider that a good enough reason to NOT talk to that loser anymore. You don't need someone so negative, judgmental, and insensitive filling your head with things that make you feel bad about yourself. I don't know what you look like, but I highly doubt you are that unattractive. I would probably think you're pretty-- in fact, to be honest I think most of the people I meet every day are attractive. Everyone has redeeming qualities.

In your case, right now, maybe your redeeming qualities are kind of overshadowed by your acne. But you can still be beautiful, despite it. And once you clear up, which I'm certain you will someday, just imagine how beautiful you will be then! You will no longer have your bad skin hide your good qualities. Basically, what I'm saying is that this bad period of time WILL end. You WILL see better days. So keep your head up, and try not to let that loser, or any other loser for that matter, get you feeling down about yourself.

:)

It's not easy when you have a lot of acne. Even 2-3 acne would bother me! But I guess we all must be happy because life's short. I'm lonely, but I'm still happy! Always.

I have a few scars which bothers me! I posted two pictures of me, showing my scars! :|

I wish I had perfect skin so that I won't be concerned about my skin. My skins are awfully bad. :|

I don't want to look like this!!! :cry:I'm like considered completely unattractive at my school, and I can't help but wonder if it'd be the same way if I didn't have terrible skin... Maybe it'd be different :(

I want to know who wouldn't find you attractive at your school. How did you come to that conclusion anyways? I think you'd be very pretty even with tons of acne, just my opinion anyways.

Bud: I was definitely not fishing for compliments about my skin of all things. Apart from the fact that fishing for compliments is a tad petty, my skin isn't something someone would compliment. The topic wasn't directed at my friend's reply, it was directed at the fact that although I thought I was looking better, people still seem to think otherwise, and to them, my skin is still "crap".

Utahjazzfan: Thank you for the compliment :) I go to a rather small high school (about 300 kids) and everyone knows everyone else. It's one of those "unsaid" things about who's attractive and "male-attention-worthy", and who isn't. I'm on the "isn't" list. Sigh, high school.

News travels fast about people "ew"ing at you...

There is the odd person once in a while that finds me attractive, but most of the time, I'm a big no-no. I wonder how much of that is my skin, and whether clear skin would make a difference...

Stupid.

Awesome social skills. Good luck with that approach bud!