Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scatty_cat

ruining my life

argghhhh i have moderate/severe scarring PLUS moderate/severe acne that never goes away. i have fair skin so everything shows up and because of the scarring my face always looks really uneven and looks likes its melting...i know that sounds ridiculous but its true. I cant remember the last time i had a picture taken but it was sometime last year and people are so judgemental they constantly bitch and discuss your 'uncleanliness' and its so unfair!

i wash my face twice a day with clinique soap. i dont moisturize coz when i did i just broke out but my skin always looks dead yet greasy. does anyone recommend any brands that have worked for them? any routines that have worked? im currently on duac and tetralysal tablets so i dont want to try BP in case i produce more oil due to dryness.

if anone has the same problem or use products that work for them please let me know id be eternerly grateful

if you still have acne, that's the first thing you have to treat. plus, if you get rid of the acne, that means no further scarring. there are many other treatments besides BP, which has never really worked effectively for me on my chronic acne. salicylic acid, aloe, or a combination of the two, has always been my best bet. these two ingredients also have a positive effect on oily skin. also, make sure you are aware of other factors that can be causing acne: stress, diet, overall lifestyle. These factors can have a major negative effect on your acne, so even though its hard to get rid of the stress of scarring (believe me, i know), it is a must if you want to regain control of your face.

Best of luck

for treating and preventing active acne you might want to try putting a warm wash cloth on your face every night for 10 minutes. this may help with reducing inflammation. also try to get to bed by 10 pm. staying up later may cause acne as weird as that sounds.

Accutane. Even it the acne comes back, you can control it with milder topicals. Once you have your acne taken care of, you will be able to tackle your scars. But I agree, it sucks :(

go on accutane. i struggled with acne for 10 years, although not severe it was very persistent. i had it on my arms, chest, back and face. like many others ive tried topicals and antibiotics and every over the counter medicine. after 2 months on accutane i am completely clear, i no longer have oily skin, and all the blackheads are gone. my skin feels and looks normal for once. now i just have to wait before i can get scar treatment. the benefits outweigh the risks by far. id rather have some dry skin and lips rather than being able to turn paper clear.

thanks for the advice, accutane it is then! (: hopefully its be sorted soon enough. i use bio oil but that just makes me break out- the wash cloth idea sounds good though ill give it a try. thank you