Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
may*

Makeup Forever, Duo mat powder!

hi(: i was looking into a new powder foundation because i'm currently a clinique liquid user, but sometimes it's a hassle. and i've read such nice things about this one, i'm thinking about switching when i'm out of my clinique. i checked a majority of the ingredients, and so far so good. but i still want to be as certain as possible that this isn't going to cause any problems.

heres the ingredients, in case anyones interested.

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

hi(: i was looking into a new powder foundation because i'm currently a clinique liquid user, but sometimes it's a hassle. and i've read such nice things about this one, i'm thinking about switching when i'm out of my clinique. i checked a majority of the ingredients, and so far so good. but i still want to be as certain as possible that this isn't going to cause any problems.

heres the ingredients, in case anyones interested.

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Ive been wearing it for about two weeks and I really, really like it (its a great alternative to Mac Studio Fix).

I love how much easier it is, not having to apply foundation makes me happy. I still need a concealer for some scars/red marks that I have.

It holds up pretty good (I love its mattifying effect) especially for my extremely oily skin.

Im also using a mattifying Gel (OC Eight) which helps. I personally think it works best on normal to oily skin types. For those with dry skin...I'm not sure.

Here's a link that acne_battle sent me (aka Molly). I found it to be helpful.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acne_detective/article6.htm

I think the only concern with Makeup Forever Mat Duo Powder Foundation is that it has fragrance in it. So if your skin is super sensitive...fragrance is something you probably should avoid. Lorac has an oil free fragrant free powder foundation. The Lorac brand caters to people with sensitive acne pron skin. It was my second choice.

yeah thats the site i looked up the ingredients on lol!

i was pretty pleasently surprised with the list, and the fragrence is the last ingredient, plus my skins pretty tough so i dont think itll be a problem. im glad you like it, i have oily skin too :\

I just bought Makeup Forever Mat Bronzer #2. I'm very happy right now, I love it. Its oil-free, fragrant free and it says it helps oil control, plus it doesn’t have that annoying sparkly stuff. I used it this morning (just lightly dusted it on my forehead, nose, chin and cheek bones) its perfect!

Ingredients:

Talc, Nylon-12, Octyldodecanol, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Lactate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake)].

Anyone else try it?

is that simalar to the ingredients in mineral makeups that that make acne prone users break out? i've heard some horror stories about bare minerals but i've never had a problem. i also believe i've used mica and talc in some of my powders with no problem, it's the other ingredient you mentioned that worries me! is that commonly found in liquid foundations as well?

is that simalar to the ingredients in mineral makeups that that make acne prone users break out? i've heard some horror stories about bare minerals but i've never had a problem. i also believe i've used mica and talc in some of my powders with no problem, it's the other ingredient you mentioned that worries me! is that commonly found in liquid foundations as well?

Dimethicone is basically silicon

read this:

http://www.mywomenstuff.com/2008/09/24/wha...your-skin/?cp=3

Its sooo hard to find products that do not contain Dimethcone.

alright i checked it out and dimethicone is in my current makeup, and i haven't noticed any issues. also im pretty sure talc and mica arent a problem as i've used mineral makeup consitently before. think i'm going to give the duo mat a shot and tell you how it works out!