Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to prom this upcoming Tuesday, and my date informed me that she wants to take a bunch of pictures. I mean a bunch. I dread this idea, because my face always looks much worse in pictures. I really can't bare to look, and I know for a fact I can't escape this picture situation. Any recommendations other than just sucking it up?

What else could you do? Take the pictures and enjoy your prom.

ask people to take pictures of you both - that way the camera is far away and not right up on your face. convince your date that its better to have long profile pictures so that you can see everything then a close up face picture.

good luck enjoy your prom

Get somewhat of a sunburn/tan. It will dry out the acne and temporarily make the red marks look less apparent.

Right before going to bed the day before prom apply some 100% Tea Tree Oil to every active spot on your face.

Also ask your date not to use the flash function on the camera as this will make the acne on your face appear worse in the pictures.

Good luck!

Also ask your date not to use the flash function on the camera as this will make the acne on your face appear worse in the pictures.

I'm looking for a reason to tell her to turn the flash off. I don't really want to come out and tell her the exact reason. Too awkward.

How long have you known her? If she's a FRIEND, too, she won't mind knowing the truth. It could save some hurt feelings if you suddenly start acting awkward about having pictures taken with her and she thinks it is because they're with her.

Share, or she'll assume you don't like her.

And have fun :) Be cautious about concealer as sometimes it will be more obvious in photos if you haven't blended it properly.

I forget to mention that my skin gets oily, and that's a complete no-no when taking pics. Makes things much worse. And the thing is, I can't blot oil off my face every time I need to take a picture.

Maybe you could get some blotting papers and concealer or foundation?? If anything it will just even out your skin tone and make things appear more calm and matte. But if you do go for this please bring your sister or another close female to the store to buy this- also practice applying the day/night before. You might want to use a powder mineral, Maybelline mineral power is a decent cheap drugstore mineral foundation that covers decently and could help even things out. Just apply with a light hand and like I said do practive the night before- either that or get your sister or close female friend to help apply it, it's prom, you want to feel confident, that's very understandable so I highly doubt they would be hesitent and probably like to help out- I know I'd be more than willing personally :). Oh, and in my experience my skin looks much worse w/ out flash, but maybe thats just me?

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not too keen on putting makeup on. I guess I'll just suck it up. I can always not look at the pictures...

Can't blame you on that; I think things will be fine, but I do know what you mean about not looking at pictures. I can't bare to look at pictures of myself, even if my skin is fully covered w/ makeup, I still know what lurks underneath. Honestly though, beyond makeup or tinted moisturizer, I just say try to relax and enjoy yourself, maybe like others suggested try talking to your girlfriend, and if it makes you uncomfortable to say you'd like to avoid pictures because of your skin, as I know it would me, just say I really don't like having my picture taken and it makes me uncomfortable. Many people, myself included, really dislike having their picture taken so I doubt your date will think anything of it, and the lack of pictures will hopefully allow you to relax and have fun, being a nervous wreck is stressful, so just focus on the night and the event at hand. Otherwise it will just be another one of those things all of us have to think back on "Oh, that day/night/event would of been so fun had I actually been present and not obsessing over my skin." So just try to let lose, have fun and enjoy the moment.

I took maybe a total of 10-12 pictures. Some actually came out pretty well, while a few made me ever so cringe a bit. Could of been a lot worse.