Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

have been clearing but swam today

ok, well june 1st will mark two months on the regimen. Im getting plenty of compliments which is good.

today i was in the pool a lot(I did get out in between with my friends but then we went back in)

I did my normal application at 6am(due to school) and then after swimming my skin was fine, a little dryness though.

I got home took a shower came out applied BP and my face burned a little right after which has NEVER happend in these 2 months. Then I apply my moisturizer and my skin felt like it was on fire. after a few minutes my skin felt better but ive never had this burning feeling.

I am going swimming tomorrow and will basically all summer.

what should I do?

ok, well june 1st will mark two months on the regimen. Im getting plenty of compliments which is good.

today i was in the pool a lot(I did get out in between with my friends but then we went back in)

I did my normal application at 6am(due to school) and then after swimming my skin was fine, a little dryness though.

I got home took a shower came out applied BP and my face burned a little right after which has NEVER happend in these 2 months. Then I apply my moisturizer and my skin felt like it was on fire. after a few minutes my skin felt better but ive never had this burning feeling.

I am going swimming tomorrow and will basically all summer.

what should I do?

Probly something in the water reacting to your skin, like clorine, Best thing to do is keep your head out of the water when u go swimming

I was thinking about this today too. I'm new to the regimen and I'm assuming your best bet would be not to go swimming. But if you are going to go swimming, just continue using the regimen the way you would if you never went swimming. Just remember to have your moisturizer on you, because the flakes will come! Irritation from chlorine is just something you will have to deal with. If you don't already have jojoba oil, than it could be a good thing to add to your daily regimen to sooth the skin.

Chlorine naturally strips the oils from your face and in turn causes dryness. The burning could be attributed to this or perhaps you're getting sunburned so make sure you are using an SPF when out in the sun. Your best bet, if possible, is to do your regimen after swimming. If you're doing the regimen before swimming the chemicals in the pool will wash it all off anyways, not to mention your skin is extremely sensitive to the sun's rays when you have BP or AHA on. If you're swimming early enough in the day you could do the regimen afterwards and then follow with again at night. Hope that helps.

ok thanks for the replies. I realized I didnt use sunblock yesterday which is probably the cause. I used sunblock today so everything should be ok, I will apply in a little bit.

my face wasnt flakey after swimming but was kinda dry which my friends said was a good sign for the skin and they still said my skin is clearing nicely.

I bet the sunburn was the burning, just didnt realize it at the time.

Chlorine and other pH and anti-bacterial adjustments added to the water plus sun exposure on BP-treated skin contributed to your burning sensation.

Try rinsing off as soon as you leave the pool; you don't even need to wash, just rinse off under the shower that should be there. It'll help keep your swimsuit lasting longer too as the fibers won't degrade so easily.

Use SPF 30 sunblock and reapply regularly. Enjoy the swimming! :)

Chlorine and other pH and anti-bacterial adjustments added to the water plus sun exposure on BP-treated skin contributed to your burning sensation.

Try rinsing off as soon as you leave the pool; you don't even need to wash, just rinse off under the shower that should be there. It'll help keep your swimsuit lasting longer too as the fibers won't degrade so easily.

Use SPF 30 sunblock and reapply regularly. Enjoy the swimming! :)

that sounds about right. thanks!