Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MPD014

I need to break this habit!!!! HELP!!!!!!

I cannot stop picking! If i look in the mirror, and i see a pimple, it is popped in the next 2 min.... I rly wanna stop but I cant! My face looks terrible with scabs and ugly picked pimples all over! Also, im a teen and im so conscious of how i look, so yea lol. Im on accutane so my skin gets worse when i pick it bc it is so sensitive. my derm said I dont have any permanent scars, but i will if i continue picking... Please help!!!!! :cry:

I cannot stop picking! If i look in the mirror, and i see a pimple, it is popped in the next 2 min.... I rly wanna stop but I cant! My face looks terrible with scabs and ugly picked pimples all over! Also, im a teen and im so conscious of how i look, so yea lol. Im on accutane so my skin gets worse when i pick it bc it is so sensitive. my derm said I dont have any permanent scars, but i will if i continue picking... Please help!!!!! :cry:

i dont know how far into your accutane course you are, but after a while, your skin will start to tear when you pop your pimples! i know how hard it is especially if the pimples wont go away unless you pop them. i would suggest reading Dan's post about how to pop a pimple listed on this site.... he suggests using a needle to pop them which will reduce tearing of the skin. i dont know how to get you to STOP doing it... i would just suggest being SUPER careful if you do becuase your skin will become thinner and thinner while you are on accutane and it takes extra long to heal. good luck!!

im goin on my 3rd month of a-tane. My skin has all scabs on it. how do i make it heal? neosporin?

i dont know how far into your accutane course you are, but after a while, your skin will start to tear when you pop your pimples! i know how hard it is especially if the pimples wont go away unless you pop them. i would suggest reading Dan's post about how to pop a pimple listed on this site.... he suggests using a needle to pop them which will reduce tearing of the skin. i dont know how to get you to STOP doing it... i would just suggest being SUPER careful if you do becuase your skin will become thinner and thinner while you are on accutane and it takes extra long to heal. good luck!!

Stop Picking On Me, a very helpful site with suggestions that may help. Plain old petrolatum jelly will help your skin heal. Neosporin can cause allergies for some. Polysporin is better.

PS: Your two separate topics have been merged into one in the appropriate forum.

I have had the same thing and eventually you wil get scars.

Things that worked with me:

putting on a little make up on the spot or scab everythime you want to pick so you cant see the redness and until it's gone.

Put on somthing that helps against pimple and put that on everytime you want to pick ( creat a new obsession with harmless skin care products instead of creating scars)

Stay away from the mirror and go and do other things.

Maybe see a dokter who can give you somthing to calm you down when you cant stop

When you feel the urge go and rip some papers or get a puzzle you can do with your hands.

Wear gloves

Good luck

JUST THINK BEFORE YOU PICK THAT THAT WILL BE ANOTHER SCAR ADDED. THATS HOW I SEE IT CUZ IAM THE SAME WAY. I SEE A ZIT, I HAVE TO ATTACK IT, BUT I STOP MYSELF AND THINK ANOTHER SCAR NO???????? PLUS, WE HAVE A LOT OF GERMS IN OUR NAILS. HOPE THAT HELPS! HANG IN THERE AND KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM PICKING, I KNOW IAM GONNA TRY:)