Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yuminator

antibiotics and antibiotic gel

So i went to my pediatrician (since im still 15 lol ) and he prescribed me tetracycline and Benzamycin Gel.

tetracycline is a antibiotic and benzamycin gel is a antibiotic and benzoyl peroxide gel used topically.

i'll tell you guys how this works for me.

im not starting this today, but tomorow. but gosh its going to be so expensive. probably $50 for each treatment so $100 -___-.

alright so when i do get my stuff tomorow, ill post some before pictures up. and try to update this weekly.

=)

Do you not have insurance? Tetracycline should cost like $5 max..lol, even without, it should be much cheaper than $50.

And not to be a downer, but if your acne is "severe" I don't think you should be on antibiotics bc. they stop working eventually. Have you been on Accutane?

yeah.. ive researched accutane alot. and i know the risks. not everyone gets the side effects but i don't want to risk it.

well i was guessing $50 for the tetracycline, but i think the gel is $50. because i bought benzclin like last year (when i was being a baby about my VERY mild acne) and it cost $50. my doctor said that the gel he prescribed me yesterday was the very similiar to the benzaclin.

and my moms being a dick. so shes going to buy the stuff next week. and thats when im going to the dermatologist.

-____-