Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adam08

My final contribution to this forum

Not me, haven't for a couple years now, bye.

I agree with you about not overly medicating or overly scrubbing your skin but I think topicals and even exfoliants do help as long as you have a simple regimen and dont use too many products. But the whole not washing your face use just water thing is a joke. It doesnt work

But the whole not washing your face use just water thing is a joke. It doesnt work

*im tempted to retaliate but i will restrain myself*

So this approach hasnt work out for you. That's fair enough. Have you tried a paleo diet?

adam08,

unlike the few posters before me ^^^^ I appreciate everything you have done on here. you posted your experiences with 100% honesty and helped many people, including myself, realize that you don't need topical scrubs, washes, creams, etc to be acne free....and I thank you for that. after years of being in a sad state of mind that my acne was uncontrollable and needed to be handled by using commerical products i finally got up the nerve to ask some of my friends with clear skin what they did to their face. Their answer......nothing. Yea, that's right nothing at all! Not even a mild soap, or some complicated regimen. They simply left it alone, and they had natural, good-looking skin. So I say to you Adam08, ignore those who laugh/mock us for trying to share our unbiased personal experiences with this....b/c we are now free from that terrible vicious thing called acne.

:dance:

DOES NOT WORK, had 6 cystic acne trying it. Worse three months of my life healing from the scars.

Everyone is different and made different. If not washing your face works for u, then ur lucky....

yeah i think washing with only water or not washing at all is a joke. I used to think it was possible but then i wised up. I also think diet has absolutely nothing to do with acne.

Sure washing with just water works perfectly if you have normal skin.. but along the way through life we tend to **** up our skin and we see problems like oily skin, then you MUST wash with some type of cleanser in order to maintain clear skin. However, i discovered that if you re-balance your skin PH level back to 5.5 range your skin normalizes and ONLY then you can proceed to wash with only water if you wish to. Im using an all natural 4.5 ph beauty bar and it has lessened the oilyness on my face, i also discovered using oil on the face only makes your face produce more oil! All these things we use, wax, petrolatum, lanolin, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, ALL THESE CHEMICALS work against your skin causing your skin to go off-balance and get out of control where you need to use cleansers in order to maintain healthy skin. I also discovered the magic of all natural ingredients such as aloe vera, nutrients, antioxidents, vitamins, humectants that work to help your skin and not completely mess it up like chemicals do.

Maybe when people figure out that the PH balance of the skin is essential for healthy skin then maybe we can all finally live our lives like we want to.

yeah i think washing with only water or not washing at all is a joke. I used to think it was possible but then i wised up. I also think diet has absolutely nothing to do with acne.

Sure washing with just water works perfectly if you have normal skin.. but along the way through life we tend to **** up our skin and we see problems like oily skin, then you MUST wash with some type of cleanser in order to maintain clear skin. However, i discovered that if you re-balance your skin PH level back to 5.5 range your skin normalizes and ONLY then you can proceed to wash with only water if you wish to. Im using an all natural 4.5 ph beauty bar and it has lessened the oilyness on my face, i also discovered using oil on the face only makes your face produce more oil! All these things we use, wax, petrolatum, lanolin, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, ALL THESE CHEMICALS work against your skin causing your skin to go off-balance and get out of control where you need to use cleansers in order to maintain healthy skin. I also discovered the magic of all natural ingredients such as aloe vera, nutrients, antioxidents, vitamins, humectants that work to help your skin and not completely mess it up like chemicals do.

Maybe when people figure out that the PH balance of the skin is essential for healthy skin then maybe we can all finally live our lives like we want to.

adam,

i agree with you in a couple of things you said....i myself don't believe acne has anything to do with acne either. and i also am glad to see that you have discovered how important keeping the ph level/ acid mantle intact is vital for clear skin. but, i disagree with you that we must wash our skin with cleansers and such. Do you think back in the time of Jesus they were using Neutrogena, Clearasil, Dial, Dove??? No, just a splash of water....the fact that acne is more prevalent among developed nations should be an eyebrow-raiser to all those that think you need expensive creams and washes to keep you clear. The harsh reality is that those "acne products" will not clear majority of the population, but rather aggravate the condition of most. If your acne is no longer hormonal you have basically 2 choices.....1)let your skin take care of itself; avoid washing with anything other than water or a mild soap every now and then OR 2)develop a complicated, routine regimen in which might take you a long time to find what works and what doesn't.....but you also have to live with the fact that as soon as you go off your regimen that your acne will most likely return with a vengence until you finally let it heal itself.