Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mrleee

Why acne needs to be taken more seriously

when i woke up this mornin, i asked my self did i really want to wake up, because i know what the day had in store for me, the simplist of tasks made hard becuase of my scars , at the moment its like im just living to die because this vain shallow world wont let me fit in, i met some one the other day who i havnt seen in about a year and i couldnt even look them in the eye, in one year my self confidence and self esteem has been lost and i cant get it back

when i woke up this mornin, i asked my self did i really want to wake up, because i know what the day had in store for me, the simplist of tasks made hard becuase of my scars , at the moment its like im just living to die because this vain shallow world wont let me fit in, i met some one the other day who i havnt seen in about a year and i couldnt even look them in the eye, in one year my self confidence and self esteem has been lost and i cant get it back

You're right. Those people just won't let me fit in. Do 'they' have to constantly rub salt into my wound? I just simply dun understand. I always tell myself not to be bothered by those comments, but seriously it is not easy.

One example will be my f**** neighbors. Whenever I walked past their house, they will be making comments. "Look at his face", "eEEeeee". I pretended not to hear and quickly walked past. They thought that I am so ignorant. Am I really the one who is ignorant or izzit them??

Really, I am not greedy. I just want to live a normal and simple life.

I completely relate to both of you.

We aren't asking for much-- we just want to enjoy the same normalcy and freedom to be happy and carefree that most people around us seem to have. It's very unfair that something as small and (should be) insignificant as spots on our faces and bodies cause us so much unnecessary humiliation and anguish. It causes both physical and mental pain.

Depression is a SERIOUS condition that often stems from acne. I totally agree that acne is an issue that needs to be taken WAY more seriously. It really can ruin people's lives. Have you read about the people who have dropped out of school, cut their wrists, abused drugs and alcohol, or locked themselves away in complete isolation as a result of dealing with acne? It takes a HUGE toll on one's self-confidence, self-image, and ability to interact with the world around us.

It makes me SO angry to think that there might possibly be a cure out there that people aren't concerned enough to fully develop, or are withholding it from us in order to make more money. Acne isn't just some vanity issue, it's a full-blown disease, and deserves to be treated as such.