Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greeneyes44

How do you apply mineral eyeliner?

I'm so excited to receive my EDM "medium brown brow" and "exhale" eyeliners! The colors are really rich and should make my eyes pop which is always the goal (nice looking eyes distract from other flaws :)

Problem is I have no clue how to apply mineral makeup as an eyeliner. I tried it once with my emerald using an angled brush and I applied it dry. It didn't really look like eyeliner though, it just looked like a thinner layer of shadow but didn't go on thin enough to look like liner, and it looked kind of dull.

Are you supposed to apply it wet or dry? If wet, how do you do it?

I have my urban decay primer potion and some nice shadows. Just need to know how you all apply the the eyeliners. Any tips you can pass along would be terrrific!

Thanks!

Applying mineral makeup wet will make it look bolder and more like actual eyeliner. If you have a thin angle brush, get it a little wet and then LIGHTLY touch the makeup and apply as you would any eyeliner. Hope that helps!

There are two ways to use it..

1. You take one angled brush and put some primer on it. Then put the primer with the angled brush where you plan on putting your eyeliner. This will act like a "glue" Then take another angled brush and apply the eyeliner over the primer.

2. Dip your angled brush in some water, and then in your mineral eyeliner. The continue to apply it like you normally would.

Thanks for the replies! I will try both methods and see which way works. I guess the key is it should be a wet application. I can't wait to get my new colors and try it out.

I found that using an angled brush to be ineffective. I switched to a flat brush, I just dip it into the minerals and press onto the eyelid. Colors are much more vibrant, and it allows me to tightline as well.

I apply mine wet using an angled liner brush. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it! It wears all day and looks very natural. :)

I can't give you the name or brand of the product but I know there's some solution that turns eye shadows/powders into eye liners.....maybe someone knows what I'm talking about lol

Awesome thanks for all the tips!

Thank you for the video Wynne, that is very helpful. I can't wait to try it out on the new colors I got. They just arrived today here they are...

post-90081-1244081204_thumb.jpg

The top row colors are actually brow powders but the make up models on the EDM site use them as eye liners and they look really cool. The dark brown may be too dark for me, I'm fair skinned with green eyes. The eye in my avatar is not really my eye. These are my real green eyes which sometimes look greener depending on what I'm wearing:

post-90081-1244082533_thumb.jpg

The bottom row of shadows I am planning to use on my lids and maybe the purple in my crease. I think the browns/purples/golds will be a good contrast for me now that I have a clue about the application ;) Any more tips feel free to pass them on.

post-90081-1244081204_thumb.jpg

post-90081-1244082533_thumb.jpg