Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

Neem oil SHRUNK my cystic acne in 4 days

I have read about neem oil and have tried neem soap in the past but coconut oil doesn't react to my skin well so I gave up hope with neem.

Then 4 days ago I went into Vitamin Shoppe and bought 1 oz of neem oil for $9. By the way, you can buy it online at their store or any other place online. It doesn't smell pleasant but I would have done anything to shrink this massive cystic breakout. I had 5 cystic pimples bigger than my pinky nail and was NOT budging with BP 10% or any mask I used.

The smell is a mix of peanuts and garlic. But when I cover the infected area with a cotton ball it is cut down dramatically and by the second night I got used to the smell.

What I did:

The neem oil is too thick at room temperature to use the dropper so I used a q-tip to apply it all over the infected area. It does not break you out to use it on your face which was surprising because it looks very pore clogging by it's texture in the bottle. Once it hits your face it melts instantly and that's why I saturate a cotton ball stretched out over the pimples.

Overnight I saw some results but I was waiting for a nasty whitehead to pop up like I'm used to with BP 10%. Nope. Nothing like that happened. It was really strange. The cystic pimples just kept on shrinking and NO IRRITATION or dry skin!

Hopefully this photo will show you the difference.

The picture before neem was taken on Sunday and I highly doubt it would have been this small by itself. Before it was highly risen off my face and stuck out like a sore thumb.

I didn't take a before photo of my 4 other cystic pimples but they are completely flat and no irritation, burning, peeling or major inflammation.

If you can get over the smell, then I highly suggest trying this out for 5 days and seeing if it works for you.

Hmm... funny enough I'm actually going to try out neem supplements soon, both to help with breakouts and also hoping it will help with a few dermatitis patches I have and also general inflammation. I don't know that I would ever want to put the oil on my skin (highly highly sensitive skin) - also Idk how much the oil is but the supplements are under 4.00$ for a bottle so not really much risk in atleast trying it, glad to hear of your success though, very encouraging.

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Neem

Some promising reviews for both rashes/dermatitis and also acne.

Hmm... funny enough I'm actually going to try out neem supplements soon, both to help with breakouts and also hoping it will help with a few dermatitis patches I have and also general inflammation. I don't know that I would ever want to put the oil on my skin (highly highly sensitive skin) - also Idk how much the oil is but the supplements are under 4.00$ for a bottle so not really much risk in atleast trying it, glad to hear of your success though, very encouraging.

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Neem

Some promising reviews for both rashes/dermatitis and also acne.

The neem oil was probably $12 but I forget. If I wasn't on birth control I probably would have taken neem pills. I have read good reviews from that also.

I thought you were 100% clear?

i am. but it's not like i'm immune to zits for the rest of my life.

I personally wouldn't call that 100% clear then. I want to get my body holistically to the point where I never get acne (like many cultures/areas in the world don't).

I personally wouldn't call that 100% clear then. I want to get my body holistically to the point where I never get acne (like many cultures/areas in the world don't).

lol please. i don't even remember when i made that statement. who cares? if i'm happy with my skin then why question it? i am young and a woman. i am going to break out until i hit menopause probably thanks to my period. i got that huge cystic zit from when i messed with milk thistle pills and i didn't research it enough to know it doesn't mix well with birth control.

lol please. i don't even remember when i made that statement. who cares? if i'm happy with my skin then why question it? i am young and a woman. i am going to break out until i hit menopause probably thanks to my period. i got that huge cystic zit from when i messed with milk thistle pills and i didn't research it enough to know it doesn't mix well with birth control.

I don't believe anyone eating the right diet and living the right lifestyle should have acne, but whatever. I said I personally wouldn't call it that. No need to pull out the "lol please"...

I don't believe anyone eating the right diet and living the right lifestyle should have acne, but whatever. I said I personally wouldn't call it that. No need to pull out the "lol please"...

I know. I got the cysts from milk thistle. I changed my diet by avoiding the foods I'm allergic to and now I don't break out. Ever heard of females complaining about PMS zits? It's going to happen. This was 2 months ago btw and haven't gotten a cystic pimple since.

& Now back to neem talk

I know. I got the cysts from milk thistle. I changed my diet by avoiding the foods I'm allergic to and now I don't break out. Ever heard of females complaining about PMS zits? It's going to happen. This was 2 months ago btw and haven't gotten a cystic pimple since.

& Now back to neem talk

If you live the right diet and lifestyle you wont get acne even during your period.

& Now back to neem talk

If you live the right diet and lifestyle you wont get acne even during your period.

Ok then. Let's hope that happens.

"If you live the right diet and lifestyle you wont get acne even during your period. "

@Packerfan785: how would you know about that ^^^^^ if your not even a girl?

..not trying to be rude or anything but its really ignorant if you to say that because 1. your not a girl, so obviously you wouldn't know. 2.almost all girls breakout because of their period some with bigger breakouts then others because not everybody's the same.

@acnejean: its good to hear that you don't overly obsess about your skin and what i saw from the picture you can definetly notice a difference :) good luck .

"If you live the right diet and lifestyle you wont get acne even during your period. "

@Packerfan785: how would you know about that ^^^^^ if your not even a girl?

..not trying to be rude or anything but its really ignorant if you to say that because 1. your not a girl, so obviously you wouldn't know. 2.almost all girls breakout because of their period some with bigger breakouts then others because not everybody's the same.

@acnejean: its good to hear that you don't overly obsess about your skin and what i saw from the picture you can definetly notice a difference :) good luck .

Scientific studies. 0% of teens in areas with healthy diet and lifestyle had acne, it was checked over a long period of time too. I'm not ignorant at all, nor rude. I actually find your statements kind of ironic.