Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scatty_cat

Just a quick question...

Ive just been referred to the derm after 6 years of waiting and my appointment is in a couple of months finally (: BUT just wondered how long it takes( after being seen in the first appointment )to be given accutane or another drug? My life is ruined becasue of acne and i dont think ill ever get the confidence back that i used to have. im moving school in sept and my appointment is in july. do you think ill have started treatment before then? i have moderate acne but my face is severly scarred from acne since the age of 11 :(

thanks for your help (: x

If you dr perscribes you accutane and you are a male I am pretty sure you can pick up the script right away...I am not sure though. If you are female living in America you have to wait a month read the ipledge book then get birth control counseling then get blood work and a preganancy test before you can get your script. I had do do all this and it was a huge hastle!!! but I understand why they do it.

thanks (:

im female lol hopefully ill be on it before school starts then (fingers crossed)

im almost certain i wont get pregnant too soon but yes i understand why i have too.

thanks again

hey scatty_cat,

you probs read in my log, but I a girl in aus and since my derm appointment I've had to wait maybe a little under a month before I can start treatment, as I was already on birth control when I went to the appointment. I don't know where you are from but in aus we don't have to have the ipledge thingy. Sorry if I was just repeating :P

Hey cat :)

To be honest, there's no definitive times with how things work with acne. That's one of the things I HATE the most, is that it is like a waiting game sometimes. SOME people, not all, have a purging process they have to go through with accutane where they break out like crazy, then they clear up bit by bit, then are fine.

thanks for the info everyone! hopefully ill get on accutane and have a positive experience :) has acuuatne worked wonders on any of you?

I honestly won't use it. I've been slowly clearing bit by bit using tons of various methods. I'm not saying other people shouldn't use it or negating the fact that you are at all, though! But, I've dealt with my stage of horrible acne once and one time was enough. If I had a bad initial breakout, I would be like noooooo not this again. Don't get me wrong, tons of people have success with it! I hope it is great for you :)

Take care

thanks for your help Save Lives- fingers crossed itll work for me! i totally get that breakout phase all the time when im like nooo not again! :) yer ive heard mixed reviews about it but ill just have to wait and see what happens to my skin when im on the course.

Thank you for all your support- its nice to finally have people understanding what its like :)