Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sigh, sorry, as depressing as this may sound, i had to write this. Ever since ive suffered from acne, i feel that i cant do anything anymore. I feel so useless, and i see no future ahead of me. This year, i had some treatments done, and although, its slowly progressing, it's still pretty bad, and gets me down.

I've dropped out before, and was looking forward to starting again next semester, but these fucking scars wont go away, and the deadline for the application date is closing... D: I'm so afraid, that if i do apply for next semester, my scars wont heal in time, and people will look at me weird in campus.

sigh... i know i make terrible mistakes, by always delaying things, and putting stuff off, has anyone felt like this? share ur stories.

The only advice i can give you is that you need to stop thinking about what others think of you. Just say to yourself you are better than them and walk with your head held high.

When i went for a uni visit a few months ago it was raining heavily ( i mean torrential) My jordans got wet ( i was fuming thats the only thing that annoys me when my jordans get wet) So i took them off and put them in my bag to keep them dry along with my socks and was walking around with bare feet haha. When i got to the sports hall where all the subject department heads were talking about their courses i thought yeh i can put my shoes back on then. I got there and opened the door and i had accidentally gone round the back entrance.

The front entrance had a foyer bit with toilets, where i wanted to go to sort myself out, but i went straight into the damn hall by accident, i had no shoes on and was soaked from head to toe; i got some stares from teachers and students but i thought it was hilarious!! Fact is remember youll get a few stares then people wont care anymore; thats how life works.

Moral of the story is, life is too short to worry about peoples' opinions. Just do what you have to do. Youll be kicking yourself later if you make the wrong decision.

I agree we should not let acne hold us back and i really really admire people who have just thought f*ck it and got on with things. However for anyone who has gone past that point and it really has affected them mentally it will not be as simple as telling them to suck it up and holding their head high they will probably need some extra kind of push to overcome their fears and negative mindset. Maybe self perscribed help like reading, writing, meditating or help from second party to rationalize their problems.

i wish i could drop out of school :( my acne is really bad and my scarring is severe BUT ive tried to be positive recently. i agree wth sweatyfox- writing does help soemtimes and you can proper write things down that upset you. I used to self harm but now i write...much better.

i went out a few weeks ago and this guys face was so so badly scarred........ and he was enjoying himself jumping around with his friends and was a really really nice guy.... its his confidence and inner happiness that made people around him laugh

somtimes acne can get somone so down that when u think of acne, you think of a guy wearing glasses , acne faced and down sitting in a corner with people laughing at him....LIKE A GEEK... WRONG,....!

i've seen guys with bad acne have very pretty gf's and laughing away and forgetting it there...... BUT rmb that happiness will make ur skin clear to a certain degree too... hapiness releases good stuff in ya to help healing! so be happi!

if your happy and you know it clap your hands *clap clap*

(rnot always easy....... but that guy i saw was a good example)