Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trong

Keloid treatment...

I'm a 22 year old male and over the past 7 years I have developed almost 7 keloids on my chest (some bigger than others). I tried many creams and oils that have resulted in barely any improvement. My local physician gave me a cortisone injections a couple of times but still no help. I saw an ad for laser treatment and thought that it may be the solution I am looking for. The Dr. seemed knowledgeable, she said that it would take about a year to take care of with a combination of some laser treatment and cortisone injections ($1000 total). I was wondering if anybody has had this kind of treatment and have had good results or recommends some other types of treatment

(medscar, kenalog).

Thanks

I have had cortisone injections alone(kenalog) on the few keloids on my back and it took a good 5-6 months for them to flatten but they did flatten and i also use cordran tape, its a steroid tape that goes over the scar, you put it on over the scar and wear them on your scar for about 23 hours a day and you will see results if your consistent in treatment, i have two raised scars presently but alot of hyperpigmentation (redness) from the scars and i plan on doing a pulsed dye laser on them a year from now as soon as im off my accutane treeatment, also your scars may raise back up, (one of mine did) and you will just have to get it injected again which they can stay flat for a good while. so i would say give it a shot!