Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay so i don't want to try another retinoid i just can't handle the IB and they don't seem to have that good effects for me

differin was the best but by no means perfect and im currently using isotrexin but that is not working at about week 7 and my skin has got a million times worse im gonna keep with this for another 3 weeks to give it a good shot but idon't think its doing the trick

ive used antibiotics and they didn't clear my skin and when i stopped everything came back worse

zinc used to work well for me but it does nothing anymore and makes me majorly sick

i hate benzoyl peroxide,

I don't like leaving the house

options?

how bad is accutane really?

how's ur skin condition now? and how bad are the acnes? accutane is best for severe ones.. have you tried the lowest % of retin-a and using it every 3rd day? it may handle the IB.

well i have a friend on accutane and id say my skin is about as bad as hers was right now

the thing is with me is my skin really goes up and down it will go from red marks and few on the chin and forehead to can't be covered with makeup making me moody and hide my face and hers is pretty stable

she doesn't wear make up though so its possible that mine is worse and no one ever sees the extent of mine

basically its a really bad time to start a retinoid (or accutane for that matter) as its about to be summer and im spending all summer at festivals in spain and france and im just gonna burn so bad.

I also think im one of the worst sufferers of initial breakouts

some people just don't seem to get them I get them HORRIBLY and i want to enjoy my summer

i really want something else... not even a cure just something that will control it, won't give me an IB and will work in like a month ( i want to actually see results) I feel like its spiralling out of control right now

has the pill worked well for anyone (im guessing it won't break me out and it seems quite casual and im pretty sure my acne is hormone related)

I'll try another retinoid maybe in september or i might ask for accutane i'll be back at school then and if im gonna get the grades for med school im gonna have to work my arse of so i won't really be going out much except to school and library lol (seriously i mean it) so i don't mind an ib and i won't be drinking at all so that will help with the dehydration with accutane

hmmm anything i haven't tried?

sorry to hear your not having luck with the isotrexin, ive used that in the past and it works great for me. Though there was a nasty IB alright, and it did take a while to kick in. Maybe if your more prone to IBs it might take longer?

Anyway Id let this IB calm down for a little while before starting anything new. Going through a load of products quickly may be aggravating your skin more possibly?

Enjoy France and Spain, and maybe a little sunshine might help (a little I know! we all know that its not good in the long term big doses style!! )

This is in response to your question on whether the pill works for acne (I assume you mean oral contraceptive). I have hormonal acne. I went on the pill (Diane-35) when I was 19 specifically because of acne and while it did not cure my acne it definitely helped control it and oil production. I'm now 27 and have recently been taken off it due other medical issues and can never go back on it. As a result, I am now breaking out daily. If you are considering this options here are some things to watch out for:

-If you smoke while taking this pill you increase your chances of a blood clot (This happened to me)

-its expensive about 40 dollars a month.

-I got terrible migraines but chose to that instead of bad acne.

Talk to your doctor about it. I have an appointment june 10th to go on Accutane but I'm still not sure whether I should take the risk.

good luck...

to the person who used isotrexin how long did it take to work im on the verge of giving up but im gonna keep up with it till i run out of this tube which looks like its gonna be in a week or so maybe ill see some improvement before then and decide to go get some more maybe also how bad was your acne before using it and to what extent did clear up?

to the dianette person how bad was your acne before you took it? Oh and luckily i live in england we get all the prescriptions free. I heard Obama wants to start some form of national health in america though? that would be good.

Oh and i have another question

so basics the regimen... obviously ive used bp before but as it was my first acne treatment i probably didn't use it properly or regularily

the thing is i don't understand why bp would work for so many other people when loads of other more expensive more intensive more scientific things haven't..

oh and does the pill and bp give people initial breakouts (i don't understand how the would scientifically)

Oh and i have another question

so basics the regimen... obviously ive used bp before but as it was my first acne treatment i probably didn't use it properly or regularily

the thing is i don't understand why bp would work for so many other people when loads of other more expensive more intensive more scientific things haven't..

oh and does the pill and bp give people initial breakouts (i don't understand how the would scientifically)

If you have never used BP properly, I would suggest you give it another go. It could save you so much trouble. Why does BP work so well? Well heres a quote from Dan Kern:

"Plenty of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide: Benzoyl peroxide oxygenates skin. Acne bacteria cannot live in oxygenated environments. Benzoyl peroxide is also a mild drying and peeling agent which is thought to help keep pores from clogging. On the Regimen you'll be using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide because clinical studies have shown it is just as effective as 5% and 10% but much less irritating. Remember, irritation alone can aggravate acne. I found that using lots of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is incredibly effective. Why apply so much? Nobody knows for sure why this works so amazingly well but myself and thousands of others have had great success using this method. My theory is that applying more simply allows it to penetrate more deeply into the skin."

BP is proactive. It prevents acne in one of the best ways possible, by creating an environment where acne can no develop. Yes it may have caused irritation the first time you used it it, but most likely you used a 5% or 10% BP, or you could have just started using it too quickly without giving your skin a chance to get used to it. Mistakes like this can be found under the "Biggest Mistakes page":

http://www.acne.org/regimen-biggest-mistakes.html

I would suggest taking some time and over looking this website and Dan's regimen. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?