Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evasion

Moisturizing

I am often clear over the summer when I put on sun screen and it was just now that I realized the two may be connected. When I went on the caveman regimen my skin would flake and I would get cysts after not too long. Right now I am using up this clean and clear .5% SA moisturizer I have. After that I am going to try cetaphil because I feel like SA is bad for my face. I am going to finish this bottle of clean and clear I have right now and see how my face does. I am hoping after I finish using cetaphil my face may be back to its normal health and not too dry anymore and I will possibly never have to moisturize or use any SA, BP, etc again.

Also, so far I have noticed I have gotten more inflamed acne but the closed comedones (I think is what they are) are going away somewhat while on the clean and clear moisturizer. Also I am washing my face with only water in the shower then putting the moisturizer on when I get out. I shower/moisturize every night but not in the morning.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good idea, and are my theories plausible? Do you think SA is a bad thing to put on your face?

how about washing with just water and then putting on sun cream? that will help your skin alot because it protects it from the suns rays, wheather or not it's sunny. that's what i'm trying now. I think sa will dry your skin, yes.

Maybe I will do it with a really low SPF because I have always believed the sun is great for our skin. Hmm, low SPF or just a moisturizer without SA?

I was clear over the summer washing twice a day with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I wore sunscreen at my dad's house (I go there half the summer) and he lives in south carolina. When I got home to virginia I stopped wearing sunscreen and my acne got worse quickly. Should I wear sunscreen even when it is winter and stuff? I'd give anything to just go back to how my skin was last summer.

I was clear over the summer washing twice a day with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I wore sunscreen at my dad's house (I go there half the summer) and he lives in south carolina. When I got home to virginia I stopped wearing sunscreen and my acne got worse quickly. Should I wear sunscreen even when it is winter and stuff? I'd give anything to just go back to how my skin was last summer.

What about the sunscreen your using would be causing your skin to be clearer when you use it is what you need to ask yourself if you do really think it's that one product that's helping you. Because the sun exposure should not be causing your acne to be worse. If anything the sun helps most people a lot with acne. People even go to tanning beds to help with their acne because just like being in the sun tanning beds provide UV exposure which kills bacteria on the skin as well as helping to control oily skin. I personally don't advocate going to tanning beds though because I consider the sun to be much better for your skin and overall health despite what dermatologists claim about skin cancer and pre-mature aging.

I don't have acne too much any more except for getting a few little spots on my back and shoulders usually but even when I had oilier and more acne prone skin when I was younger the sun during the summer always made my skin look great by clearing up most of my acne if I spent quite a bit of time outside in the sun every other day. So more than likely why your skin gets better when you're using the sunscreen is because it's more gentle on your skin and a better moisturizer than what you're using the rest of the time. That .5% SA moisturizer is probably the cause for aggravating your acne. Start using more gentle and natural products on your skin as a moisturizer especially and you'll likely see an improvement.

SPF has always made me clear

the second I stop using it,in a week you will notice your skin not as good as before

Cetaphil and baking soda is great too

and green tea bags as a toner a couple times a week.

What about the sunscreen your using would be causing your skin to be clearer when you use it is what you need to ask yourself if you do really think it's that one product that's helping you. Because the sun exposure should not be causing your acne to be worse. If anything the sun helps most people a lot with acne. People even go to tanning beds to help with their acne because just like being in the sun tanning beds provide UV exposure which kills bacteria on the skin as well as helping to control oily skin. I personally don't advocate going to tanning beds though because I consider the sun to be much better for your skin and overall health despite what dermatologists claim about skin cancer and pre-mature aging.

I don't have acne too much any more except for getting a few little spots on my back and shoulders usually but even when I had oilier and more acne prone skin when I was younger the sun during the summer always made my skin look great by clearing up most of my acne if I spent quite a bit of time outside in the sun every other day. So more than likely why your skin gets better when you're using the sunscreen is because it's more gentle on your skin and a better moisturizer than what you're using the rest of the time. That .5% SA moisturizer is probably the cause for aggravating your acne. Start using more gentle and natural products on your skin as a moisturizer especially and you'll likely see an improvement.

The thing is I would just use whatever sunscreen someone had with them. Varying brands and varying SPF. Lotion, solid, spray... whatever type was at hand

Also, I am definitely stopping the SA immediately. I feel like i get a certain type of zits when I use SA and they are starting to come back in full force. I used to use SA face wash before I started coming on here and studying my acne significantly.

Edit: Do any of you exfoliate? I never do but I'm wondering if I should try a baking soda exfoliation.