Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELLO EVERYBODY I WILL BE STARTING MY ACUTANE TOMORROW, AND I'M VERY NERVOUS. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME SOMETHING NICE TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER.

I'M EXCITED. I SHOULD OF DONE IT 15 YEARS AGO . I'M ALREADY STESSING OUT ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO WEAR MY CONTACT LENSES. BUT I GUESS IS WORTH IT .

Hi! I'm new on accutane too- I'm on day 10 and I was freaking out about it before starting. I was worried about the side effects, but so far so good! My face and lips started getting dry around day 5 and a day or two later I woke up with muscle aches like I'd worked out the day before. This morning (day 10) the muscle aches weren't very bad, even though I actually did work out yesterday! I think maybe the exercise helped losen everything up.

I would suggest keeping good chapstick in your pocket at all times- I like vaseline, personally, but any gentle chapstick will do. don't get anything with menthol, it burns like hell!

Also use a thick, gentle moisturizer like Cetaphil cream (I like the cream better than lotion) for your face.

I bought a vitamin E moisturizing stick to rub on the sides of my mouth because that area is the dryest for some reason, but I don't know if it's working cuz I just started it. I also started taking 800IU of vitamin E (one 400IU pill, twice per day) because that is supposed to combat some of the dryness and muscle aches.

I'm getting little white heads in random places like my legs and stomach, but other than that I haven't started the big initial breakout everyone talks about. I don't even care though, because I'm SO excited for the eventual improvement. When you read blogs of people who have finished treatment and see their dramatic photos, it is totally motivating and inspiring.

Let us know how you feel after you start- For me, the worry about side effects subsided a little once I took the first pill because i felt so great about taking control of this life-long pain in the ass. I can't wait to go swimming without worrying about coming out of the pool with my makeup all washed off, I can't wait to be able to go out without my trusty cover-up stick by my side, and I CAN'T WAIT not to have anything on my face to pick and scratch at! Horay!

Good luck! :dance:

hey i will be starting accutane on june 6th. i am scared just like you, but what makes me feel better is just knowing that i will finally doing something that will most likely work for me. my derm has been bugging me to go on this med. for at least a year maybe longer. best of luck to you! :razz:

im on my 4th month of accutane and let me tell theres no better felling than looking at your face and your ance gone i started to clear up in my 3rd month on tane.the side affect really not that bad

best of luck to you......

oh I missed the question about contacts- I wear soft lenses. I'm only 10 days into tane but I haven't noticed any changes yet. I always have renu rewetting drops with me anyway because my contacts have always gotten dry after about 12 hours of wear so I need the drops for late nights. I expect I may need them more on tane, or may need to switch to glasses at night, but everybody is different so it could go either way for you.

If you are ambitious you could try daily disposable lenses. For most people they are the least dry of all contacts. I wasn't disciplined enough to open a fresh pair every day, so I didn't like them, but they might be good for you if you notice that tane dries out your eyes.

hey, we're in the same boat...i started today too! :dance: took my first pill at 9:00 AM.

like you, i have very mixed feelings about starting accutane... I'm excited, anxious, and frustrated (that it's come to this!) all at the same time.

Despite all the bad feelings, I know that both of us will have clear, beautiful skin in just a few months time! I myself have lived with acne for 13 years...time for both of us to get rid of it, once and for all!

good luck!

well first of all... congrats on starting accutane!! it was the best decision ive ever made. i suffered with acne for 10+ years and all other treatments failed. i finished my accutane course 3 months ago and have not experienced any long term side effects and my skin is still 100% clear and i couldnt be happier! but dont get me wrong... it was a rough journey! the first 10 weeks on accutane were really rough becuase my IB was horrible... but im sooooo glad i stuck it out. i hope you all have fantastic results!! check out my pic gallery if you are interested. good luck everyone!

i wish i could tell you something to make you feel better. i am going for my 3rd round of accutane within 2 days (hopefully). ya i started breaking out with cysts recently i've come to the point where i need another round.

for first round of accutane (40mg) i took it for 4 months. i weigh about 120lbs. the first round of accutane only gave me about a year of relief for only about a year (even though my doctor said it should last for about 2 years) from point of consumption.

2nd round (same thing at 40mg for 4 months) gave me 1 year relief as well.

so now i DESPERATELY need a 3rd round. i feel like i'm the only one who has this bad acne in college. i'd rather have dry, cracked lips and rash on my skin than cystic acne. worth the sacrifice to me. and it isn't that scary. good luck with you.

Hey Wasuppp Man just hang in there remember to take the pills morning and nights do this for 4 months you will see the results man the first month damm i started having all this break outs huge csyst today im on my fourth month i dont have nothing no pimples no cyst just red marks but does marks will take of like in a month now i could go out im sooo confident i could talk to my friends tell m to kick it at my house and watch the nba games Dont forget to watch Tonnights Game Orlando Vs. the Cavs see whos going to the finals with The Lakers ! dont miss it Good Luck Man!!

hey guys! Today is my first day on accutane (40mg). I'm really nervous about the side effects, but can't wait for clear skin. It's nice to know other people are going through the same thing as me, this site is great for that. I wish yall good luck :)