Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i have a spring concert in a few hours for which i play the violin. I also have a papule about an inch away from the right side of my mouth. i figuired i would be able to pop it (even though i shouldnt) cuz it wasnt that big and it'd atleast look a little bit smaller by concert time. so i try to, sterilize a needle and prick it, press down and nothing comes out. i press harder, nothing still comes out. before i know it, im applying A LOT of pressure to try to get something out, but nothing! so at last i stopped and iced it down and applied some neosporin. now its really red and i look like an idiot and i feel like an idiot. :P

Awwwww. :( Don't think of the spot when you're at the concert. Enjoy the playing and your part in it. :)

hahah i still can't beleive i did something stupid like this. i thought i was over picking and popping, but i guess not

Lapses happen. Just enjoy your concert tonight! What are you playing? What's your favorite type of music to play?

Take some iburophen, and drink green tea, they're anti-inflammatorys. Keep icing, put a small bit of BP on it. It'll go down in no-time. Good luck!

thanks it was pretty fun.. we played different pieces from titanic and some other classical music. i really didnt let it bother me, i just felt like a monster as i was squeezing, like one of those crazy fanatics hahah..

lol aw, at least you didn't let it bother you. I know the feeling when you just attack your face and then afterwards just WISH you would have left it alone.. you never know whether you will be making it better or worse lol ughh..

exactly!!!

but from now on im promising myself its not worth the risk of making it worse.. i have a cut looking thing about a quarter of an inch in diameter. blahh my face is starting to clear up too and then this :(.

Isn't that always the way? You think your acne is getting better or your face is starting to look more clear, then you get a biggun and you attack it LOL. I don't know what comes over me when I squeeze and I know I shouldn't...even when I squeeze the first few times and nothing happens, it's like something comes over me and I go CRAZY, squeezing and squeezing until I'm left with a swollen lump and cut face. Frustrating!

Anyway, it's great to see you have such a positive attitude about everything. Chin up and good luck :)