Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnicksRock

Subcision--If you have Gotten this done Please reply--

I am getting subcision followed by dermasanding done on a couple depressed rolling scars in a few weeks. I was wondering how people have done after their subcision and if they were happy with the results and any precautions (before/after) i should take--

I am currently using tazorac evenings

benzaclin mornings followed by moisturizer with spf

minocycline 1x a day 100mg

I was told downtime will be about 7 days after...there will be bruising etc.

I found a doc that has been practicing 20 yrs and has done this procedure often with success.

Getting subcision for probably 3 scars on the right cheek (1 of them in particular is almost a cm long--and deep)

Please post your own experiences and everything, and if there is anything else I should know-- also how successful and how happy you were, and how long it took to see the full results--etc.

Thank You.

did 1.

about 4 days of swelling. another weeks with bruises(purple, yellow, green). Wear make-up if you wanna hide :D

About results, variable. My biggest scar improved a lot (subcision + tca peels did it)

You can see improvement months after the treatment.

In the initial phase you say "OMFG MY SCARS ARE GONE" cause the sweeling makes this impression.

Anyway, done just 1. some people say that is needed about 2-3 treatments. but i'm not confortable with all this.

You're gonna do in just 3 scars, so is pretty good. I've done in many.

oh

remembered now

there's some issue about sun, hemosiderin, and pigmentation of the skin. So avoid sun. (something about oxidation of the iron)

ask your derm about it.. mine gave me a cream to prevent it. all went fine

good luck!

I only had it done once by Dr. Alam in Chicago. He has writen scientific studys on this. I was part of a clinical study. My whole cheek and chin area was done. I seen slight improvement. brusied for about 1 1/2 week.

Thanks guys I appreciate your responses,

Yea I read online about the sun-- definitely avoid sun for at least 6 weeks they say.

what about using facial care products like benzoyl peroxide/tazorac or retina, etc.?

Please continue posting if you have gotten this. Thanks again guys.

Thanks guys I appreciate your responses,

Yea I read online about the sun-- definitely avoid sun for at least 6 weeks they say.

what about using facial care products like benzoyl peroxide/tazorac or retina, etc.?

Please continue posting if you have gotten this. Thanks again guys.

I din't use anything. It was part of the agreement for the clinical trial. I wanted to do something like N-light, but I didn't. I did use bp when needed as soon as the bruising went away.

katie,

how many did you have done? did they do anything after the subcision? do they put stitches in or anything that you had to have removed later?

how satisfied were you with results?

thanks

Hi all...

Just had 8 scars done yesterday...I am very swollen. Not painful at all. But I can't talk because they did 4 scars in my left side (laugh line) and 2 on the other side..... Can't eat either. Been trying to drink out of a straw...very difficult. I can only open my mouth a little bit. I had 2 other scars removed under my lip on the right side...I can't wait for the tape to fall off so I can see how it looks...

. i'm 22 yrs old i had(still have some)moderate acne but left 2 pits on my face. its not deep (1 mm ). i had excision but 1 got away but still a carter like thing is there under different light another 1 actually had suffered stress therefore didn't show ne improvement. u get d actual result after 4-6 months after ex. bcoz of d puffiness near d area. dunno but thinkin of doin it again hope to get rid of it, really makes me sick. did anybody here had ne kind of excision

simon you had excision not subcision correct?

amy good luck--> post next week as soon as the bandages come off and let me know how it goes...

BTW what are the risks of subcision? if anyone knows please let me know.

thanks.

katie,

how many did you have done? did they do anything after the subcision? do they put stitches in or anything that you had to have removed later?

how satisfied were you with results?

thanks

I had it done once. 2 weeks later Radiance on one side of the face. No stitches to remove.

i've had it twice. first time, no harm but not any noticeable improvement. second time, had it in conjunction with resty and one of the locations raised (it seemed he'd overfilled with resty) but the lump hasn't gone away. it's been about 9 months. not cute. plus still no notable improvement. won't be going this route again.

subcision gave me the best results... had scars on my cheeks, temples and forehead done... the scars on the forehead responded the least, probably about 40-50% improvement, temples and cheeks improved a lot.

i didnt mind the localised swelling and bruising... just apply a lil make up and it's done. I used my normal routine of sunscreen and vitamin C at night. of course this is in conjunction with supplements of omega 3, vit a and e as well.

it is actually minimally invasive as there is only a pin prick where the needle went in, other than that your skin is intact.

if oyu have pix posrt them so i can see and know what is best

hey sorry i had my subcision a while back and now doing affirm laser to refine my skin texture. sorry i didnt take any photos during my subcision treatments, but i will definitely post my before and after pics after im done with this whole course of affirm.

eyeboy,

so you were pretty satisfied?

did you check to see how often your doc did the procedure and all that?

I am doing it possibly in conjunction with a hyaluronic acid filler (only on my right cheek am I doing this procedure mind you).

Basically subcision is Detaching the scar from deeper tissue, which allows a pool of blood to form under the scar. The blood clot helps form connective tissue under the scar, leveling it with the surface. That is acne.org's definition.

When did you notice complete improvement Eyeboy? DId you have rolling/depressed scars or box or icepick?

How many weeks before you noticed the full effects of the surgery? Some say at week 3 or 4 is when you really see it. Also, how long was your downtime and all that? Did you use icepacks?

Thanks for the info.

eyeboy,

so you were pretty satisfied?

did you check to see how often your doc did the procedure and all that?

I am doing it possibly in conjunction with a hyaluronic acid filler (only on my right cheek am I doing this procedure mind you).

Basically subcision is Detaching the scar from deeper tissue, which allows a pool of blood to form under the scar. The blood clot helps form connective tissue under the scar, leveling it with the surface. That is acne.org's definition.

When did you notice complete improvement Eyeboy? DId you have rolling/depressed scars or box or icepick?

How many weeks before you noticed the full effects of the surgery? Some say at week 3 or 4 is when you really see it. Also, how long was your downtime and all that? Did you use icepacks?

Thanks for the info.

subcision gave me more results than the course of 5 fraxels i had before mainly because subcision gave me targetting of the scars that bothered me the most and that are the deepest. basically acne.org's definition is correct, although some surgeons/dermatologist also inject a filler to hold the skin up a lil longer so that it would not get tethered down again too soon. my surgeon did not do that and the pool of blood under the skin subsided after a week.

i have a mixture of ice picks and box scars. only the box scars were treated with subcision while the ice picks were treated with tca crossing (i made a tread on that a while back in the scar treatment forum). tca crossing gave me good results on my ice picks while subcision worked really well on the box scars on my cheeks and temples (forehead not so much).

i had subcision once every 6 weeks, and i usually notice good results from the 3 week mark onwards. The bruising and swelling came down after a week but seriousl they didnt bother me at all because they are just localised swelling and bruising from where the needle went in. so basically i just spot treated those areas with a concealer and it cant be noticed anymore.

i didnt use ice packs, i used LED lights after treatment to stimulate more collagen growth (theres also a tread on the use of LED lights and i have to agree that they do seem helpful especially when used in conjunciton with collagen stimulating procedures such as subcision)

hope that helps

EYEBOY...what light with the led did you use? And how important is sunscreen after a acne scar procedure like subcision..is it neccessary to have it to even get results?..unfortunatly for my case i always get pimples from sunscreen=/...what sunscreen do you use?

EYEBOY...what light with the led did you use? And how important is sunscreen after a acne scar procedure like subcision..is it neccessary to have it to even get results?..unfortunatly for my case i always get pimples from sunscreen=/...what sunscreen do you use?

hey there i use the 660/880 dual one..

i think sunscreen is always important no matter what because uv radiation from the sun will inhibit further collagen production. i always wear the olay totl defense spf 30 sunscreen + moisturiser 'sensitive skin' when i go out.

hope that helps

Eyeboy,

so would you say you looked normal after a week??

Did you do a filler?

I am doing it on a few depressed/rolling scars, Would you say it responds as well to those types of scars as well as box scars?

Thanks,

katie, how did you liek your results?

anybody else do this procedure?

It's hard for me to say. I think that it helped minor, but I only had one done. When the Dr. did it, he did my whole side of each cheek. I think that he had lift the skin right below my lower eye and I had some kind of loose skin because of it. It look like he detatched my skin from my tissue. That's the best way I can describe it. So I had like this line that had loose skin that kinda hung alittle under it.

Eyeboy,

so would you say you looked normal after a week??

Did you do a filler?

I am doing it on a few depressed/rolling scars, Would you say it responds as well to those types of scars as well as box scars?

Thanks,

after a week definitely... i only wore a consealer for like 3 days?? after that i didnt put anything on and pple at uni didnt say anything.

i didnt do a filler but the results seem decent nonetheless...

i believe the rolling scars would do great... just remember to tell your surgeon/dermatologist to go aggressive on the scars and 'lift' them..

soo katie moderately satisfied? It helped a little, definitely nothing that made you regret it right?

Eyeboy sounds good, thanks because I am starting a job a week after and wanted to make sure that I would be able to return to work. I am going to have 5 or so days where I am just staying in after the procedure.

If you had to guess a percentage improvement eyeboy what percentage would you say?

Would you say you need it again also? It doesn't sound like the bruising lasted too long for you? Did you keep the bandages on for about a day or so and did you use icepacks?

Thanks,

soo katie moderately satisfied? It helped a little, definitely nothing that made you regret it right?

Eyeboy sounds good, thanks because I am starting a job a week after and wanted to make sure that I would be able to return to work. I am going to have 5 or so days where I am just staying in after the procedure.

If you had to guess a percentage improvement eyeboy what percentage would you say?

Would you say you need it again also? It doesn't sound like the bruising lasted too long for you? Did you keep the bandages on for about a day or so and did you use icepacks?

Thanks,

I would like to give it another round, but have something like n-lite or use my leds this time around to see if my improvements are better this time. Dr. Alam is just way to expensive. I asked him how much would it cost to have it done again by him, $2000.00. Yeah, I don't think so dude. Besides the around trip was 7 hrs.

Hey Guys,

so I haven't posted in this thread but we were getting good results so I figured I'd post about my experience.

So I did subcision last Monday only on my right cheek. The doc also did TCA cross method on some small pin-like ice picks. That resulted in redness and slight flaking maybe for 5-6 days, not bad. Results: seemed to fill in a bit. Probably need 2-4 to get optimal results for icepicks with TCA Cross is what doc mentioned.

The doc wanted to do fraxel after cross and subcision but since I was beginning new job he decided not to do so.

So now the main procedure: Subcision.

Only on my right cheek.

My cheek was like this:

One area 3 smaller rolling scars. He worked on 2 of them.

Another area: Mid right cheek: Was one larger rolling scar a few mm longer than a cm. This was the main scar that he had worked on.

Then another area closer to the mouth ( not too close) with some shallow depressions (not a terrible area).

The third area is bruised slightly and should be completely healed up by the weekend.

The main area with the large rolling depression is much less bruised than last week. (it has been a week and 3 days). It is still bruised however, next to the rolling scar there is a Line-like depression a little bit longer than a cm. It definitely appears to be a depression--> the doctor had said when he saw me last friday that it should heal up and be fine. I hope that he is correct. It is noticeable at the moment because it is still dark--(bruised line) --and I really hope that once the bruising goes away that there is not a line like area left on my cheek. The rolling scar appears liek this it is still bruised--> however half of it seems to have filled in. My overall cheek appears better (except for the line area)

Did anyone experience anything like that, (line or mark left behind subcision) if so did it heal and how long etc.?

I am wearing a tiny circle like bandaid over the area for a few more days but I hope to stop wearing that next week. I predict bruising completely will be gone probably 2 weeks or 2 weeks 4 days after the procedure.

Supposedly prime results come in the 3rd to 4th week after the procedure--> I am 1 week 3 days so i guess it is too early. I also heard that you can see continued improvement for 5 months. Would any of you that have gotten this done agree with that?

Please post anything you have to say about my experience and yours etc.

Thank You.