Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belladonna1234

I'm confused , please someone answer

:confused:

I want to start using low ph water to cleanse my face. So i found carbonated water with a ph of 4.6 so i thought i would give that a try. Although i was thinking, baking soda is pretty Alkiene and can dry out and damage your skin...isn't carbonated water (soda water) the same as baking soda in water? but this bottled carbonated water is meant to have a ph of 4.6. how can this be?

i'm confused, can someone explain this to me? is carbonated water different to water and baking soda?

The lower on the pH scale something is, the more acidic it is. The pH of that water is slightly acidic and matches the natural skin pH quite nicely.

Alkaline substances are HIGHER in pH; they are above 7. Water is generally 'neutral' and at about 7. So water alone can be annoying to some user's skin.

hey, thanks for the replys.

what i mean though is how come this carbonated water is acidic, when it sodium bicabonate in it? when sodium bicarbonate is alkaline?

acne_battle: i apply it to cotton wool and put it on my face, so i don't waste it atall really.

what i mean though is how come this carbonated water is acidic, when it sodium bicabonate in it? when sodium bicarbonate is alkaline?...

Ohhhh! What other ingredients does it have? Sometimes pH adjustments are added...sometimes the water itself is more acidic depending on what's leaching into it from the surrounding environment.

Good question! :)

well it says ingredients: carbonated natural mineral water

it contains per litre: calcium 27mg; magnesium 6.9mg; potassium <1.0mg; sodium 6.6mg; bicarbonate 103mg; sulphate 10.6mg; nitrate <2.5mg; floride <0.1mg; chloride 6.4mg; sillicate 7.6mg and then it says ph 4.6.

do you think this would be safe to use to cleanse my face?

I am trying to use barely anything on my face, like the caveman regimen although with water just high ph water. applied with cotton wool.

The other minerals alter the pH, then.

It might be just fine for use on the skin. Perhaps you can find an analysis online of your municipal water source to see what's in it. Might be illuminating. :D