Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emmasheridanx

What type of skin do i have? (pictures)

Hi Guys !

Ive been using Panoxyl Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 for about a month now but not seen much improvement

i was thinking maybe because i dont have extreme cystic acne?

my main problem is white heads, skin discoloration - like redness and extremely blocked large noticible pores also pimples

i have attached some pictures

Please help me on what i can do !!

thanks!

:angel:

post-103846-1243530696_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530707_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530762_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530771_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530696_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530707_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530762_thumb.jpg

post-103846-1243530771_thumb.jpg

The benzoyl peroxide is usually good at getting rid of whiteheads, for the redness make sure you moisturize properly and with a good one and you could also exfoliate every once in a while. If the benzoyl peroxide doesn't work well enough you could always go and see a dermatologist. By the way, your skin looks very good. Good luck with whatever you do.

She never said she had severe acne or whatever, she even mentionned that all she had was some whiteheads and skin discoloration.

hey your skin looks like mine! i have discoloration like that and i get blackheads. Although my face has some old red marks from previous zits. Salisylic acid helps me :)

Thanks guy !

Also just because my skin isnt as bad as some of yours that does not give you the right to dis-count it, i get extremely down about my skin.

Also any specific product for skin discoloration ?

:)

well im not sure about any topicals that will work for redness. But i knoww there was a eucerin redness relief moisturizer at cvs. never tried it tho. good luck :)

Hi there! I'll move this to the blackheads forum as that appears to be mostly what you have (comedonal, non-inflamed acne).

Many people find success with BHA products (beta hydroxy acids also known as salicylic acid), AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) or topical retinoids (Green Cream is what I use).

Check out some of the pinned posts in the top of the new forum that this post will be moved to; great ideas in the pinned posts there.

I also think you'd benefit from a sunscreen; you are showing some evidence of unprotected sun exposure.

Hi there! I'll move this to the blackheads forum as that appears to be mostly what you have (comedonal, non-inflamed acne).

Many people find success with BHA products (beta hydroxy acids also known as salicylic acid), AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) or topical retinoids (Green Cream is what I use).

Check out some of the pinned posts in the top of the new forum that this post will be moved to; great ideas in the pinned posts there.

I also think you'd benefit from a sunscreen; you are showing some evidence of unprotected sun exposure.

When are you gonna give up on that?

sorry but I do think its rude for you to say that people on here dont have the "right" about your skin and just because your skin aint bad like others blah blah... coz you should feel happy that people on here are complimenting by saying "your skin looks flawless" ........ you obviously know your skin aint bad for you to give smart comments like that.

and you sound like one of those people that are just on this page to not help anyone out but get quick answers and run off coz its people with bad skin that are giving you nice comments .... so instead of being arrogant like "just coz my skin isnt as bad as some of yours" i think you need to change the comment around and be more emphathetic and see that people are saying that for the good......

This board is for all sufferers of acne regardless of acne type.

Mild acne effects someone perhaps as much as it effects someone with severe acne; you do NOT know someone's psychiatric makeup and thus can't know someone's inner feelings. Reserve judgment and simply be kind.

hi

sorry i didnt mean to come across like that, my point was - My skin affects my mood greatly, even though it might not be what you class 'serve' ( not that i claimed it was anyway) it still gets me down.

So thank you for the compliments and i will take on what everyone said !

:)

can't really tell from the pictures (low resolution) but it looks like your dealing with blackheads and non-inflamed acne. Personally, i feel BP makes me breakout with with non-inflamed acne. You should check out some of the other threads on this site that talk about BHA and green cream. I've been using BHA for about 3 weeks and i'm finally starting to see better results.