Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oh-so outrageous

Will primer help keep makeup from settling into your pores?

Soooo, I just bought some Revlon Colorstay, and yes, it is a PAIN to take off!

I'm scared of adding makeup removers or scrubs into my regimen because these things irritate my skin easily.

Anyway, I can get most of it off, but I feel it clogs my pores.

I wonder if primer before foundation would help keep the foundation from sinking so much into my pores and clogging them?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

;)

^ yeah, oils work well as makeup removers. I use Purpose cleanser and I think it works extremely well. I do have to use it twice (working up a lather gently on my face and washing it twice) but it's so gentle and fast that I don't mind, then I use my cleanser for treating acne.

As far as the primer goes...I'm not sure. Primer has never really covered my pores and I don't think it makes makeup come off easier :think: but it's been a while.

I used to swear by cold cream to remove make-up, but someone on this board (I can't remember who :think:) said they used petroleum jelly. Let me tell you, the petroleum jelly works PERFECTLY for my eye make-up (which can be tough to get off), so maybe it'll work with your foundation too?