Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stopthemaddness

Does anyone know of a good exfoliant while on Retina-Micro?

I just use AHA 10% lotion most of the time to get rid of flakes, but when that's not cutting it I use baking soda very gently. Both help a lot.

I just use AHA 10% lotion most of the time to get rid of flakes, but when that's not cutting it I use baking soda very gently. Both help a lot.

Thanks i actually just ordered Dan's AHA :dance: , i'm pretty excited to try it, i've heard alot of good reviews on it!

Thanks i actually just ordered Dan's AHA :dance: , i'm pretty excited to try it, i've heard alot of good reviews on it!

No problem :) I haven't tried Dan's AHA, but AHA in general is amazing! It makes your skin glow.

I use retin-A as well, and I reccomend using an exfoliating facial pad if the AHA doesn't do the trick. I also like Purpose moisturizer.

what kind of facial pad to u use?

No problem :) I haven't tried Dan's AHA, but AHA in general is amazing! It makes your skin glow.

Caldendergirl, when do you use the AHA? i'm tryin to figure out how to incorporate it into my regimen..

Caldendergirl, when do you use the AHA? i'm tryin to figure out how to incorporate it into my regimen..

Usually I'll use AHA during the day and RAM at night. I don't know how sensitive your skin is, but I've used it at night after waiting like 45 after putting the RAM on... but if you have sensitive skin at all I wouldn't suggest it. It doesn't irritate my skin.

Hi! I actually have not been able to use AHAs during RAM because my skin is too sensitive. It actually would leave reddish "burn" patches on my skin. Anyways, I ended up just using good old fashioned St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Works like a charm!

Hi! I actually have not been able to use AHAs during RAM because my skin is too sensitive. It actually would leave reddish "burn" patches on my skin. Anyways, I ended up just using good old fashioned St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Works like a charm!

Didi after a couple of days using AHA i had "burn" patches on my skin too! I think i'm gonna try using it only every 3 days, I don't want to completely cut AHA out of my regimen cause my skin does look so much smoother now, well see how it goes..

I agree with AmandaBlynn...I think a facial pad is great for exfoliating...I used a circular facial pad that they sell at CVS for $4, part of their beauty gloves and loofah collections. When I was peeling from retin-a and skin was sensitive, I would put cleanser on my face then add a little more cleanser onto my pad and gently scrub in a circular motion for a minute or so then rinse face with water along with the facial pad to scrub excess cleanser/skin off. I do this once daly and I feel like this helped a great way in preventing acne from coming back along w/ the medicine of course.

It really helped to prevent the exfoliated skin from retin-a to remain on the skin. I mean, retin-a works to exfoliate your skin to prevent pore clogging but if the dead skin remain on the skin, then it's clogging up again (like the def of an acne, dead skin and oil clogs up the skin to cause it to inflame).

After my skin is cleared from active acne, scrub it a little harder is safe.

I've never used AHA before, but I feel like that's like doing the same thing as retin-a, exfoliate/turn skin cell over, but your dead skin remains on your skin something (like peeling situation) which is why you get excessive peeling when using both. Maybe switching to AHA after using retin-a might be a better idea though it seems like many ppl heere use it together w/ no problem.

good Luck.

I agree with AmandaBlynn...I think a facial pad is great for exfoliating...I used a circular facial pad that they sell at CVS for $4, part of their beauty gloves and loofah collections. When I was peeling from retin-a and skin was sensitive, I would put cleanser on my face then add a little more cleanser onto my pad and gently scrub in a circular motion for a minute or so then rinse face with water along with the facial pad to scrub excess cleanser/skin off. I do this once daly and I feel like this helped a great way in preventing acne from coming back along w/ the medicine of course.

It really helped to prevent the exfoliated skin from retin-a to remain on the skin. I mean, retin-a works to exfoliate your skin to prevent pore clogging but if the dead skin remain on the skin, then it's clogging up again (like the def of an acne, dead skin and oil clogs up the skin to cause it to inflame).

After my skin is cleared from active acne, scrub it a little harder is safe.

I've never used AHA before, but I feel like that's like doing the same thing as retin-a, exfoliate/turn skin cell over, but your dead skin remains on your skin something (like peeling situation) which is why you get excessive peeling when using both. Maybe switching to AHA after using retin-a might be a better idea though it seems like many ppl heere use it together w/ no problem.

good Luck.

Thanks I'm definitely gonna go pick one up. I use an exfoliator by clinque and alone it's pretty good but I bet with a facial pad it's be even better! Thanks for the suggestion Amanda and mangopudding

Thanks I'm definitely gonna go pick one up. I use an exfoliator by clinque and alone it's pretty good but I bet with a facial pad it's be even better! Thanks for the suggestion Amanda and mangopudding

yea, i've used exfoliator cleanser inthe past alot, but it never seems to do the trick completely (like ST ives apricot scrub, baking soda, sugar mixed w/ honey, dermtalogica daily exfoliant, even does microdermasion (loreal) exfoliator cleanser), i always still have skin patches of peeling skin that wants to come off but doesn't. The facial buff pad did awesome. The only thing comparable was like a diamond peel at a spa but of course that is way too expensive to do regularly and by the time to get to go get one, you've probably clogged up enough pores.

I'm peeling, any suggestions for a good exfoliant and moisturizer?

i honestly believe that since you are are retin-a you shouldnt even be " thinking" about exfoliating... retin a already speedens the rate of cell turnover thats why your skin kind of peels a little and exfoliating is just doing too much to the skin .. so if i were you id just keepit simple. the more simple the better when working with retin - a ... althought if you must feel like u need to exfoliate jut use some kind of scrub once a week but again id reccommend not too expecially if you have really dry skin.

Once my skin adjusted to Retin-A reasonably well, I started using Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy acid liquid in the mornings (applying it with a cotton pad). It is salicylic acid and will remove the flaky skin and this liquid form is also moisturizing. However, be cautious as it can increase irritation sometimes. Paula's Choice is available over the Internet.